Grand Hotel Moon Valley
Orbitz.com
US$81
US$72
  • Pool
Hotel & Resort Le Axidie(Vico Equense)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Hotel Mega Mare(Vico Equense)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Hotel Torre Barbara(Vico Equense)
TripAdvisor
All reviewstravel departmentpool areabusy roadthomas cooktrain stationbay of naplescourtesy busvico equensesea viewenjoyable holidayfood was finewaiter servicevealten minute walkeach eveninghotel receptionsteep hill
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Really nice hotel with great sea views from some rooms - waking up to view of Vesuvious was fab.
Swimmimg pool was very good except cool at end of September - not heated.
Meals were very varied and all fresh produce generally cooked in an Italian style - various waiter served options each meal time and good quantities.
Walking distance to local trains for Naples and Sorrento - which are cheap but can be busy.
Courtesy bus at hotel into town or Sorrento - walk into town is up and down hill along roadside and not easy for anyone with mobility problems.
We would go back again.

Room Tip: Choose sea view room ! Pay a little extra but worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Stuart F
CarloLuigi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Moon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for your review. Your opinion is really important for us.

The view from the rooms is one of our strengths. I am pleased that this has improved your awakening.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our food and our service.

Unfortunately, who has mobility problems have difficulty in moving anywhere.

Many thanks for offering to recommend us to others and we hope to see you here again in the near future with your family.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

In the middle of November I spent a week at the Grand Hotel Moon Valley. This was my second stay at this hotel and once again I traveled with Saga Holidays. On my initial visit, in early April, I had been so impressed by the way in which the owners, management, and staff worked together as a team to keep the hotel running smoothly. Happily,that is still the case..

In November, the high season was over and for most of the week we were the only guests in residence. Although most of the staff were enjoying their own well-deserved holidays, the level of service remained high. I was amazed to see that Luigi, the maitre d' hotel, was often in the dining room at 7AM to see to all our needs at breakfast - frequently unassisted.

As before, I found the hotel's food to be generally more than satisfactory. On the one occasion when none of the main courses offered really appealed to me, I asked if I might have something else. My request was readily granted and I fully enjoyed my veal Milanese, served with a smile by maitre d' hotel Luigi himself. And, of course, there was always that wonderful gelato to look forward to at the end of lunch and dinner.

Another Luigi (there seem to be several) turned up everywhere - sometimes waiting on tables, sometimes vacuuming the foyer floor, sometimes dealing with luggage - and always seemed to be in good humour, no matter what the task.

Our bartender was Salvatore, who has been a great favourite with Saga guests and often mentioned in their reviews. In addition to preparing our drinks, he taught me some very useful phrases - among them the Italian for "May I have a glass of red wine, please?" And he was also the person who came to my room to explain the workings of the safe!

The Francos (yes, I believe there were two) in Reception were as helpful as ever, arranging for a car with a reliable driver to take my own family group of four on an outing along the Amalfi Drive.

My room was not large, but it was comfortable and clean. And I never tired of the view across the Bay of Naples to Naples and Vesuvius, beautiful by day or night.

I'm sure that I'll return to the Grand Hotel Moon Valley. There is just something so very likeable about it....

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Velhota
CarloLuigi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Moon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you for your review. Your opinion is really important for us.

The positive feedback we stimulate and gratify. The return of a host is a further sign of great satisfaction.

Actually Louis and Francis are the most common names among the hotel staff.

We have only two Salvatore. Both appreciated in his judgment.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I went there on a school trip and when we arrived with my room mate we were amazed by the quality of the place. The beds are comfy and there a spare blankets if you need them (but you won't). The bathroom has all the facilities that a bathroom should but when the floor is wet it is quite slippy. There is a TV not that we could understand it, but if you are italian then it's good. A safe and a fridge is in the cupboard. The breakfast is filling and is a buffet. The dinner is hot and the starters are like mains! Overall this hotel is a must.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the Bay of Naples
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Edward H
CarloLuigi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Moon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for your review. Your opinion is really important for us and we can tell that you took some time to give us helpful feedback. We are pleased that you had a good experience and it was kind of you to leave comments given the brevity of your stay. Hopefully, you will come again and we can provide you with some further positive memories.

Arriverderci!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I would like to leave a brief review to praise both the Travel Department and the hotel; I think some of the comments paint a picture that certainly put me off before I went but we were pleasantly surprised. My party just had a fantastic break at the hotel 2nd week of October.
We are a couple in the 35-45 age bracket. We flew from Scotland to join family who travelled from Ireland. We then joined their group. The trips included were fantastic, (particularly the full day Amalfi coast tour, when we had glorious weather and a delicious lunch in a lovely restaurant opposite Ravello). Our guide on all the excursions was Diago and I think everyone would have agreed he was a brilliant personality.

The Amalfi coast is expensive; I feel for the money paid, to get your flights, transfers, 3 full day trips, 2 complimentary coaches to take you into Sorrento by day and one night after dinner; and then 7 nights half board is actually incredible value. The hotel was very enjoyable with nice bar areas and a 5* pool area. Sitting outside, even for a drink in the evening, the view is spectacular and you could pay £100’s for it alone .All rooms have spacious balcony’s so if you don’t mind not having the sea view it’s still very pleasant.

Much of the food was genuinely Italian (particularly the pasta, risotto and the huge platters of additional vegetables that were provided each night with dinner). If you had a pasta starter, then a fish/meat main and took the extra vegetable (several types changing daily and including squash, artichoke heart, courgette, ratatouille, carrot) you got a satisfying meal. There was a different type of pasta each night (including a lovey mushroom risotto and very good gnocchi) and also different fish/meat/dessert each night. were also bread rolls, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

At breakfast I’d say the tinned fruit plates look poor, but there were delicious roast tomatoes; eggs, bread rolls and some fresh fruit as well as some meats, (hot and cold), cheese, cereal. Better bread, fresh fruit salad, thinner cheese would be nice but again, for the money it has enough. I’m not even going to bother with any negatives as although at the time there might have been small things I’d comment on, overall it was great and you forget these little things.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Kyra B

Thank you for your review. Your opinion is really important for us and we can tell that you took some time to give us helpful feedback. Thank you for the specific comments on the food. We are pleased that you were able to say that the experience exceeded the expectations that some of the ratings had created. We take the comments seriously and seek to make improvements wherever possible. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Arriverderci!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We have just returned from our holiday at the Hotel Moon Valley. We were absolutely delighted
with this hotel and would strongly recommend it. My husband and I were travelling independently
and really wanted a hotel, outside Sorrento, which was peaceful and relaxing, but still accessible
to visit places of interest. If this is what you want, this hotel is perfect. It is 5 mins walk from Seano station which has a frequent service into Sorrento,, Pompei, Herculaneum, Naples etc. The hotel also has a minibus,( with an extremely helpful driver, Franco, ) which takes guests to the station and places of interest.
Our room was superb;extremely clean, with a balcony with the most amazing view over the
Bay of Naples towards Vesuvius. We loved to see the sparkling lights of the fishing boats at night and the churches lit up, chiming the hour.The location is perfect is you want to explore the
local area. There is a lovely beach ten minutes down the hill, with several restaurants and bars.We spent last Sunday watching the fishermen mend their nets and then went for a lovely walk along the beach. It was so peaceful and beautiful.
We stayed B&B at the Moon Valley. There is a family run restaurant across the road from the hotel which is worth a visit. Another wonderful point, is the swimming pool. There are very few places with a pool with such gorgeous views and so tranquil.
The town Seiano, near Vico Equense, is a very quiet place and possibly not for those who want to be at the centre of everything. However, if you do not want to be in the middle of Sorrento, which is hectic, commercial and far too touristy, then give this hotel a go .You can still access everything without being trapped in the tourist system.
We hope to return next year.

Room Tip: A sea view with a balcony is a must. .
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank whiteinche19

Thank you for taking the time to respond and rate our hotel. We are extremely pleased to have reached our goal of giving you a positive experience. We are happy that our staff was attentive to your needs and are so glad that you are planning to come again. We'll do our best to give you another experience to remember.

Arrivederci!