Grand Hotel Moon Valley
US$99
US$862
US$144
  • Pool
Hotel Torre Barbara(Vico Equense)
US$1,111
US$149
US$98
US$78
Hostelworld.com
US$184
US$176
Orbitz.com
Le Ancore Hotel(Vico Equense)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$147
Hotel Albatros(Piano di Sorrento)
US$341
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstravel departmentpool areabusy roadthomas cooktrain stationbay of naplescourtesy busvico equensesea viewenjoyable holidayfood was finewaiter servicevealten minute walkeach eveninghotel receptionsteep hill
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I loved staying at this hotel. The location is fabulous and the staff are fantastic: they were all so helpful, cheerful and courteous. It was very easy to get to Pompei and Herculaneum, and to travel to other places by train. There were lots of good walks in the area and a good half hour walk down to the sea from the hotel. Coming back up takes a bit longer...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Judy1212
CarloLuigi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Moon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your review. Your opinion is really important for us. We are excited to hear that you had such a great experience with us!

I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and services and in particular to hear your positive feedback regarding our staff.

Many thanks and I hope to see you here again in the near future with your family.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

The hotel is in the most beautiful location , the views are excellent.It overlooks the Bay of Naples.I came on a saga holiday,it was very good value. I have ceoliacs disease and they provided excellent gluten free food .The staff were really friendly and very helpful. On two evenings we had live music. Salvetore the barman was always full of fun .The train station isn't to far away and is very good value,Vico is a pleasant half hours walk away and you can get an excellent coffee in one of the little cafes in the square. We were taken to the pizza metro, it was lovely. We had good service. The place was bustling with local people and the food was fantastic.I was sorry to leave this friendly place and will definitely visit again .

• Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank rockpool50
CarloLuigi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Moon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

We wish that all of our reviews were this positive, and are very pleased to know that you had such an enjoyable stay with us! We try to give our customers a good experience, as much as is possible for us to serve them so your remarks are encouraging and motivate us to continue to do our best for you. We hope to see you again soon.

Arriverderci!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

The Hotel is in a beautiful area on the hill top with very grand building and beautiful gardens including swimming pool.
We where led to believe that the hotel is in Surronto town, but discovered that it is in the middle of no where. The train to Sorronto town is four stops and the last train is at 21:00. Taxi is about £65 and takes hours due to the mountainous nature of the Area. Car hire is not an option and our Bed sheet was not changed for one week.
The food is ok including the breakfast.

It is not a hotel where you can have a night out and come back at any time from 22:00 and it is not an area where someone with mobility problem will like to take a walk outside the hotel premises

Room Tip: All the rooms have good views and it is either a mountainous view or a distant seaview
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Isaac E
CarloLuigi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Moon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for your review. Your opinion is really important for us.

With clarity and transparency, we say that our hotel is located in Sorrento Coast and Sorrento center. The distance is 9 km.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our cuisine.
Sheets are changed every 4 days and whenever there is a need.
That said I came again. It is certainly the result of a mistake and I apologize for that.

Many thanks for offering to recommend us to others and we hope to see you here again in the near future with your family.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Really nice hotel with great sea views from some rooms - waking up to view of Vesuvious was fab.
Swimmimg pool was very good except cool at end of September - not heated.
Meals were very varied and all fresh produce generally cooked in an Italian style - various waiter served options each meal time and good quantities.
Walking distance to local trains for Naples and Sorrento - which are cheap but can be busy.
Courtesy bus at hotel into town or Sorrento - walk into town is up and down hill along roadside and not easy for anyone with mobility problems.
We would go back again.

Room Tip: Choose sea view room ! Pay a little extra but worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Stuart F

Thank you for your review. Your opinion is really important for us.

The view from the rooms is one of our strengths. I am pleased that this has improved your awakening.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our food and our service.

Unfortunately, who has mobility problems have difficulty in moving anywhere.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

In the middle of November I spent a week at the Grand Hotel Moon Valley. This was my second stay at this hotel and once again I traveled with Saga Holidays. On my initial visit, in early April, I had been so impressed by the way in which the owners, management, and staff worked together as a team to keep the hotel running smoothly. Happily,that is still the case..

In November, the high season was over and for most of the week we were the only guests in residence. Although most of the staff were enjoying their own well-deserved holidays, the level of service remained high. I was amazed to see that Luigi, the maitre d' hotel, was often in the dining room at 7AM to see to all our needs at breakfast - frequently unassisted.

As before, I found the hotel's food to be generally more than satisfactory. On the one occasion when none of the main courses offered really appealed to me, I asked if I might have something else. My request was readily granted and I fully enjoyed my veal Milanese, served with a smile by maitre d' hotel Luigi himself. And, of course, there was always that wonderful gelato to look forward to at the end of lunch and dinner.

Another Luigi (there seem to be several) turned up everywhere - sometimes waiting on tables, sometimes vacuuming the foyer floor, sometimes dealing with luggage - and always seemed to be in good humour, no matter what the task.

Our bartender was Salvatore, who has been a great favourite with Saga guests and often mentioned in their reviews. In addition to preparing our drinks, he taught me some very useful phrases - among them the Italian for "May I have a glass of red wine, please?" And he was also the person who came to my room to explain the workings of the safe!

The Francos (yes, I believe there were two) in Reception were as helpful as ever, arranging for a car with a reliable driver to take my own family group of four on an outing along the Amalfi Drive.

My room was not large, but it was comfortable and clean. And I never tired of the view across the Bay of Naples to Naples and Vesuvius, beautiful by day or night.

I'm sure that I'll return to the Grand Hotel Moon Valley. There is just something so very likeable about it....

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Velhota
CarloLuigi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Moon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you for your review. Your opinion is really important for us.

The positive feedback we stimulate and gratify. The return of a host is a further sign of great satisfaction.

Actually Louis and Francis are the most common names among the hotel staff.

We have only two Salvatore. Both appreciated in his judgment.