“a special weekend”

Hampton Manor
Brighton, United Kingdom
“a special weekend”
Reviewed 30 November 2011

My son and his wife got married at the Hampton Manor. What a wonderful weekend we had. The setting was perfect for our family wedding. The atmosphere was so warm and friendly inside the Manor, and the staff were very attentive. The wedding went without a hitch and the wedding breakfast was incredible. The chiefs did a fantastic job with the food and the presentation. The grounds made a fabulous backdrop for the wedding photos. Then there was the bedroom, what do I say about them. Gorgeous. We were all going around each others rooms to see each room, which were all different. The beds were very comfortable and I slept like a log which is unusual for me. In the morning the breakfast was the best I had ever had. The place seemed like home and was a very comfortable place to stay. The only thing that I could find fault with was the pillows.The ones I had were hard and lumpy. I love my down pillows and feel that they should offer you a choice of pillows. I would definately stop here again.

Room Tip: All rooms are individual and the prices vary. The more you pay the larger the room. We were in the c...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Missymoomoo_11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2011

My wife and I stayed at Hampton Manor for a single night en-route to family in the Midlands, and had a thoroughly splendid time. The building itself is lovely, set in several acres of gardens and woodland, and only has a few rooms (15 or so, I believe), which means that it all feels very relaxed from the moment you arrive. The staff are very welcoming, friendly and informal whilst maintaining efficient service standards. The inside has been beautifully renovated; the reception and main lobby areas are panelled, with high ceilings, and wonderfully extravagant chandeliers and hanging lights. Our room was lovely, nicely decorated in a modern style, with a large bathroom and plenty of mod cons, including complimentary wi-fi, DVD player and iPod speaker system. The bed was huge and very comfortable.
Dinner was prix-fixe (and you could also choose from the a la carte) and was very good. Lots of game and fish on the menu, all extremely reasonably priced for a very high standard. The pheasant was superb, and again service was relaxed and friendly, not at all pompous as some high-standard hotel restaurants can seem.
I'd highly recommend Hampton Manor, whatever the occasion. For the standard of room, location, environment, quality of food and very welcoming staff attitude, this is excellent value for money.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bartyslartfast
Midlands
Reviewed 31 October 2011

It's the attention to detail that impresses. The rooms are lovely and the staff are incredible. The restaurant offers great food in a wonderful environment. I've booked to come back for my birthday and am looking at private dining for my dad's birthday next year too!

Room Tip: The really big rooms have great view with fantastic features, but the more basic rooms still offer y...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rmca1311
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Stayed here last month as a treat break in the journey up north.
Rooms were stunning - comfiest hotel bed ever i'd say! The bath tub in room was a great feature and made the hotel feel unique rather than like every other hotel we've stayed in.
The Peels restaurant tasting menu was to die for and amazing value for money. Loved every course, and the staff were very friendly and knowledgeable too. Would recommend to anyone wanting a treat get-away weekend, and anyone who likes their food!
Would like to find an excuse to go back and eat there again please!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank chickenfox
England
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I stopped at Hampton manor for my sisters wedding. It was great the rooms were amazing nag highly modern. The staff were great, the food was very good. Overall I had a great time and would recommend.

• Stayed August 2011
birmingham
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Room hotel and grounds nice. Problem was the price £250 for a room and it didn't include breakfast. Nice but just not worth that sort of cash.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank robandjojo
Birmingham
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I went for a posh afternoon tea with friends expecting to see Edd Kimber and taste his fabulous baking. My friend double checked (a while ago) that we had the date correct but on phoning two days before the tea we were told that Edd was not going to be there and the attitude of the staff was not especially apologetic. It was interesting to note that we phoned them, not the other way about. We decided to go ahead but were terribly disappointed with our welcome and were told that if we wanted a seat in the restaurant (rather than at high stools in the bar), we'd have to pay a surcharge for table linen! In the end we insisted on being seated in the restaurant (with just 4 other guests) and apart from being offered a hot drink, nothing happened for half an hour when one of our party went in search of some staff. The place was like the Marie Celeste! Tea eventually arrived and was in fact delicious and Edd's signature baking proved lovely, even in his absence. In the end we were only charged for 3 teas (we were a party of 4) and I must say that we were prepared to haggle had this discount not been offered! Overall the staff were pleasant enough but did not engage with us and our needs sufficiently. We were not shown a menu or asked which set tea menu we wanted; my friend had asked to see the duty manager about how this this booking had been handled and other issues connected to the hotel service and was assured that he would find us; we had to look for him at the end of tea. The venue is fabulous with quirky decor and a great country setting; if only the service and attention to detail could match and be consistent! I have had lunch at hampton Manor/Peels Restaurant twice and received excellent service, so this recent experience was a great disappointment.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton-in-Arden
Genting Hotel
The White Lion Inn
The White Lion Inn
#2 of 2 in Hampton-in-Arden
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa

Been to Hampton Manor? Share your experiences!