“Friendly staff, great food can recommend it.”
Review of The Oyster Inn

The Oyster Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Butley
Price range: US$13 - US$19
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Oyster Inn re-opened in March 2017 as a traditional village pub, serving real ale and home-style pub food. Located next to Rendlesham Forest, it has always been popular with cyclists and ramblers and was famous for its folk nights.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly staff, great food can recommend it.”
Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

Went with freinds for first time to The Oyster Inn. Have passed it a couple of times and it's a little off the beaten track but well worth fniding and easily located with Sat Nav.

Had a really good evening. Friendly staff, fine food and good country pub atmosphere. The menu choices were really good. The squid was exquisite. The fish and chips excellent. The beer was in good condition and the Merlot we chose delicious. As you can tell, an all round good experience. The staff were helpful and attentive and very jolly. We'll be going back with more friends.

Saxmundham, United Kingdom
“A great little place to eat...Yummy!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Had a fantastic meal for 4 at the oyster inn today, Prices were good anyway but amazing value with the taste card. The food was very nice and the burgers were all homemade...i had the duck which was lovely. One small piece of feedback is it would have been nice with some cranberry sauce but never the less still very tasty will be back for sure. Glad we found you very happy customers.

• Visited August 2012
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Superb.....”
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Recently had lunch at this Old Style English pub, and it was superb. The staff were most helpful and welcoming. The food was reasonably priced , well presented and there was plenty of it.
A most satisfying experience.

Why can't other pubs/restaurants get it right.....as this Landlord has managed to do ??

Will certainly go back.

Well done Landlord.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Peter W
London
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Went there last weekend with friends. Looked nice enough from the outside but my parking space had a lot of smashed green and clear glass in it. I had to spend 5 minutes scraping it out of the way of my tyres before I could drive away. Note to the landlord it is the one at the top right near the bin!

The waitress was snooty when I asked if they had Smirnoff Ice. Our meals were ordered within minutes of each other but when served were spread out over half an hour! Having seen a friend's duck arrive (pink!) I asked for my duck to be well cooked as pink meat makes me feel ill. I was advised (again snootily) that she didn't think the chef would cook it like that. So I changed my order to tuna. Then she came out and said he'd started cooking it already so I needed to have the duck after all. He did manage to cook it so that it wasn't pink thank goodness. The dauphinoise potatoes were tasty enough but not presented like any other dauphinoise potatoes I've ever had.

Another friend had rabbit and that also was underdone in parts and tough in others. We joked that it was almost ready to be returned to the wild! Another friend had chicken which was just about tolerable and peppered mash which was disappointing.The only thing everyone agreed was nice were the chips. But let's face it anyone can cook chips!

Would go there again for a drink but not for food.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank seas0nedtraveller007
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Friendly and cosy”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We visited this pub after a bracing walk and enjoyed the cosy and friendly atmosphere here. We had plates of terrine and whitebait to share and the portions were very generous and tasty. The landlord was friendly and we really enjoyed the beer. Will definitely be coming here again!

• Visited February 2012