“Let down by poor staff”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Let down by poor staff”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had a Groupon voucher for Hale Kitchen, it wasn't the first time we had eaten in there so we knew we would be in for a treat and we were not disaapointed, with the food that is. We had a young girl waiting on us and she put a complete dampner on the evening. She clearly didn't want to be there! Very miserable, no smile and poor customer service skills. She actually made us feel bad for being there and taking up her evening!

We would go back though, just hope we're waited on better and by someone who doesn't need a personality transplant.

• Visited July 2014

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Would try again”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Had a groupon voucher which made this a great value dinner out. Greeted by a really friendly gent who seated us and took food order, he was attentive and it was a great start to the evening.

The booth where we were sat had ripped seats, which made it look a bit scruffy which is a shame.

The food is presented really well but I feel could be a little better, my son had the kids sausage and mash with gravy which was ok, he obviously ate it (he's 3 and a half) but not great quality sausages and instant gravy. Two others in our party had the fish and chips which looked fab and it was very good apparently. Another had the seafood linguine which got good marks while I had the sea bass which I was a bit disappointed with, slightly overcooked with a tasteless mango salsa.

Would definitely try the place again though as the staff are great, the place is nice and the atmosphere was good too.

• Visited July 2014
Preston, United Kingdom
“Juicy steak.”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

First visit here but will not be the last. They fit us in at short notice, and we are so glad they did. Had scallops and black pudding to start, it was lovely, followed by steak, oh it was beautiful and so juicy, cooked to perfection. Can't wait to return.

Visited June 2014
Warrington, England, United Kingdom
“Nice food and atmosphere ”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I bought a Groupon voucher for Hale kitchen and took my fiancé there for our anniversary. We both enjoyed a three course meal with drinks. The service was great, we got our food and drinks quickly and everything was nicely cooked! I would definitely recommend

1 Thank Josh G
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Be careful if you are using a voucher at Lunch time as you will only be able to use it against the a la carte menu, (which is twice the price for many of the same items on the lunch menu). My husband had the fish and chips which was way to greasy, whilst I had the chicken which was bland and tasteless, ( the cost of which was removed from our final bill) We were very disappointed with the whole experience, call me old fashioned but I don't like being referred to as you guys when being spoken to. On the whole the Hale Kitchen is nothing special.

• Visited June 2014