Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Etrop Grange(Manchester)
  • Pool
1,513 results
All reviewsstayed at the marriottmanchester airportthe executive loungepark and flytaxi companyleisure cluban early flighttwo double bedsleisure facilitiesdays parkingsauna and steam roomcar parkingreception stafffamily roomovernight staystayed one nightgood nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Everything you need in a hotel before you go on an aeroplane! We are Marriott gold member so decided to stay here.
We arrived on the night, as our flight to New York wasnt till 8AM, checked in and went for some late tea and a few drinks.
Great service and nice food. Best Bloody Mary Cocktail I have ever tasted and believe me I have been around the world tasting these!
Staff are nice, rooms are too.
Thankyou

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2014

As loyal Marriott people we stayed here to visit our old stomping ground and catch up with old friends. Friendly efficient check in, and yes, it is a difficult property to find your way round, but we were offered help with our luggage, which we declined...we needed the exercise! Then a really good mug of tea and biscuit in the lounge...ok, they don't do pots of tea, but the mug was delicious. After a regroup in our large room which had two comfy chairs, we had a drink in the bar then meal in the restaurant. Friendly staff, and nice to have a healthy option menu to choose from. The salmon salad and chicken chow mein were good choices. We had a good nights sleep, comfy bed and quiet room. Excellent breakfast, usual Marriott choices. Then again good mug of tea and delicious meal with a visit to the executive lounge in between. All the staff have been friendly and helpful. The minuses are not really resolvable,,,a view would be nice from the restaurant for example. But good location and overall look forward to coming back.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Really good location
Quality breakfast
Despite airport hotel not too noisy
Good room service
Good quality economical kids meals
Came within half an hour
Don't order Starbucks stuff as not as good in restaurants
Outstanding leisure facilities
With two kids keen on swimming etc wonderful weekend break
Safe and convenient car park
A bit spread out so a bit of a walk from reception to rooms etc
Avoid rooms starting with 0 as they are just below rest of the hotel
Only negative comment I would say is we were given a connecting room which was occupied by someone needing to catch a flight at 0400 and he wanted is to sleep at 2000 on Saturday night
Luckily we did not hear much noise when he left
This is best sorted at booking time to avoid this
Generally great value for money
Really good omelettes by chef made as requested at breakfast

As our departure was not until an hour and half after check our they gave us free late check out
Lady in leisure centre very helpful

Thanks to all

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I've stayed here a couple of times, with a similar experience, however this review is of my most recent trip.

The car park was very busy, I was happy to find a spot, but it was some distance from the reception with my suitcase, no offer of help / valet parking so just had to struggle on, in the dark and the rain.

Check-in experience didn't do much to lift the spirits, a long queue (which can't be helped) seemed a team of airline staff were checking in ahead of me, so pretty jaded by the time I got to the front of the queue and was then given a map to get to my room.

It was VERY difficult to find my room, I also came across other 'lost' guests along the way. My room must have been furthest from reception (another long walk with suitcase).

I ate in the Restaurant across from reception, and the food was pretty good, a pleasant surprise. I also had a drink in the bar, where the service was also good.

I wouldn't stay here again if I could help it, I prefer the convenience of the Radisson Blu for an airport hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near reception, preferably one that doesn't require a map!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank millsonhols
Chris P, Manager at Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for our hotel on TripAdvisor.
Please do accept my sincerest apologies for the experience that you encountered during your stay at our hotel. I am however pleased that you were able to enjoy your meal in our Source grill, and that the service was up to the standard expected by a Marriott guest.

I do understand that your stay at our hotel has marred your perception of our hotel, and as such you no longer wish to stay here on a future visit to the area. I would however still welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in us on a future visit to the hotel. If I can then be of any assistance please do email me on rav.khangura@marriott.com, so that I can go some way to look after your requirements and ensure you have a far better experience.

Once again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Kindest regards,
Rav Khangura
Director of Operations

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Very rude and unapologetic front of desk staff not up to usual Marriott standard at all!! Wish I had stayed at the Hilton now!! The receptionist was even rude to my husband over the phone! My kids and I had to drag 4 large suite cases on our own through a maze of corridors to the other end of the building to get to our room. Offered no help at all at front desk. Even getting someone to take a call for room service was a job in itself.

I don't recommend this hotel and will not use again.

Stayed: December 2013