Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
US$91
US$87
Travelodge Altrincham Central(Altrincham)(Great Value!)
US$45
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
US$76
Priceline
Premier Inn Manchester Altrincham Hotel(Altrincham)(Great Value!)
US$86
  • Breakfast included
PremierInn.com
US$107
1,530 results
All reviewsstayed at the marriottmanchester airportthe executive loungepark and flytaxi companyleisure cluban early flighttwo double bedsleisure facilitiesdays parkingsauna and steam roomcar parkingreception stafffamily roomovernight staystayed one nightgood nights sleep
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I was staying with a colleague who had booked the rooms using his points so in effect the rooms were free. If I had paid either rack rate or the normal rate I would say it is quite an expensive hotel to stay at compared with other hotels located closer to the main complex of the airport (ie within walking distance of the terminals which this hotel is not).

Although not booked by my colleague as such it was requested by my colleague that I (as a disabled person) be allocated a disabled room (what they term as a 'limited mobility room'). This request was met which was a positive.

Upon check in we were asked to pay £8.00 for overnight parking (for the one night we were staying at the hotel) which is expensive bearing in mind some other hotels in the airport complex do not charge car parking fees for nights the car owners are resident at the hotel. The car park is controlled by 'Parking Eye' using Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) so make sure you enter the correct car registration number at check in, or according to the signs, the £8.00 parking charge escalates to £100.00 per night!!!!

Incidentally it appears no one from the hotel 'polices' the disabled parking bays, as a number of vehicles were parked in the disabled bays without blue badges (yes I know the blue badge scheme doesn't apply on private car parks, but in terms of the Equality Act 2010, the hotel does have a general duty to ensure the disabled parking bays are kept for the use of disabled people - something the 'Parking Eye' and its super ANPR system cannot do - over to you Marriott please).

There is no free in-room internet (either via wi-fi or cable modem). Prices start from £6.00 per hour. Again this is a complete rip-off bearing in mind the usual room costs. Even Budget hotels such as Premier Inn/Travelodge offer a free 30 minute wi-fi connection which is fine if you just want to check a few e-mails, or have a quick look at the online news etc.

I know the hotel has pointed out in their responses to other posts that there are free 'internet hotspots' in the public areas, however not everyone has smartphones or small tablets etc and to have to lug a laptop to a public area (particularly when I am on crutches and the hotel is huge) to get from my room to a 'hotspot' is difficult to say the least. The hotel really does need to think that one out, particularly for 'limited mobility' disabled guests.

As for the 'limited mobility room' again lacking, particularly in the bathrooms. Although the toilet does have bars to assist with transfer and an alarm 'pull cord' it would be very difficult to get a standard wheelchair into the room as the doors are not the widened type. Also for the for the mobility impaired, the toilet is only standard height as is the bath which has the shower over it. As the bath sides are standard height those with limited mobility will find it impossible to climb into the bath to have a shower. I couldn't see any extra bars to hold onto in the shower (that is if I had been able to get over the bath sides to get into it). Surely it should be a lowered bath or even wet room - even Premier Inn get this right. Incidentally there were no alarm pull cords in the actual bedroom part which was unusual.

We had dinner in the restaurant which to be honest was excellent and about average price for an airport hotel. One thing to note though is that breakfast on a weekend doesn't start until 0700hrs, so if you have an early check-in on a Sat/Sun (as we had) you are out of luck breakfast wise.

Overall if I had paid for the room, I would have been terribly disappointed with this hotel. There are others available at Manchester airport, both closer to the terminals and a lot cheaper with no 'added extras' (parking,internet etc) and are much more 'disabled friendly'. The staff were friendly enough and the food very good but would I stay there again? Sadly I don't think so.

Room Tip: The 'Limited Mobility' rooms as the receptionist called them, could be a lot better. If you cannot climb into a standard bath to use the shower you will have problems Plus they are a fair walk from Reception (but closer than most non disabled rooms).
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Peter S
Rav K, Manager at Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the Manchester Airport Marriott hotel. I was disappointed to read that you were not fully satisfied with your experience at our hotel.

I would be more than happy to discuss the matter directly with you. If you could please email me at rav.khangura@marriott.com so that I can arrange a suitable time to contact you.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is a premium hotel that charges premium prices, but has sub standard old broken down mattresses. Check out Room 1-808, underneath the clean white sheets is an old stained mattress with ½" plywood sheets to stop it from sagging. I wonder how many other rooms have this "feature"?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank David S

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry that your bed and mattress were uncomfortable. We are currently looking to replace all mattresses and bed bases that are in poor condition, again I apologise as this has not happened prior to your stay with us.

I hope we may get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Manchester Airport Marriott hotel sometime again in the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed at this Hotel with my family before going to orlando from Manchester airport we also parked the cars up for 2 weeks the hotel was vary good nice rooms , we also had dinner drinks the food was good the drinks were a bit pricey. There is a cab service to the airport and return . our room was vary nice. Tea and coffee bathroom was vary clean and the water hot . I can say this is vary good for the airport as its just about 10mins away or may be less . They have a big car park so no troubles getting parked, my sons found it good for there familys and the price was good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank derek p
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here for business and the staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating. The room was large enough and very clean…even if it's a bit of an older property the bed was comfy and the bathroom was modern. The outstanding staff here really make this place. It's close to the airport but apparently not in the flight path because I never heard or saw planes overhead. The spa is lovely and the pool was surprisingly large and well kept. Good food, breakfast was more than adequate and again the staff makes this place special! Thanks and I'll be sure to stay again when I am back in Manchester!

Room Tip: It's a large place so if you don't want to walk far get a room near reception.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I booked a room here in June because I was attending a meeting in Manchester with colleagues from the same firm who had reserved here. It was a late reservation, so I had to pay the premium for an "executive" room. I am really disappointed with the fact that I was asked to pay for internet access - how many business travellers DON'T want internet access and why is a hotel of this size still charging for something that costs them virtually nothing to provide? The room was larger than standard, but when I'm travelling on business, this is not a criteria for me. The breakfast was OK, although I had to put up a bit of a fight to avoid paying for it, despite the fact that my reservation said it was free of charge. I also didn't particularly like being addressed by my first name by the head waitress in the restaurant - I get the fact that they are trying to provide a personal touch, but for some reason, I found this uncomfortable.

Room Tip: check your reservation details to see what is and what isn't included in the price, then be prepared to debate!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LauraBG
Rav K, Manager at Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry that your overall experience was not up to your expectations. As mentioned in your review internet charges are applicable in the bedrooms; however we do offer complimentary internet access in our public areas for all guests and in the bedrooms for our Gold and Platinum Marriott Rewards Elite Members. I do apologise as this did not meet your needs during your stay with us.

In addition, please do accept my sincerest apologies for the shortfalls in service you received in our breakfast room. I have now shared these comments with my team so that we may look to further improve our standards in this area.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post a review for Manchester Airport Marriott hotel.