Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
US$91
US$87
Travelodge Altrincham Central(Altrincham)(Great Value!)
US$45
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
US$76
Priceline
Premier Inn Manchester Altrincham Hotel(Altrincham)(Great Value!)
US$86
  • Breakfast included
PremierInn.com
US$107
1,530 results
All reviewsstayed at the marriottmanchester airportthe executive loungepark and flytaxi companyleisure cluban early flighttwo double bedsleisure facilitiesdays parkingsauna and steam roomcar parkingreception stafffamily roomovernight staystayed one nightgood nights sleep
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We recently stayed at the Marriott Hotel at the airport in Manchester. We have stayed in Marriott hotels all over the world. The hotel was extremely poor in comparison to any other Marriott we have stayed at. There were no facilities in the room such as a fridge/tea/coffee maker. The hotel itself was old and in dire need of a makeover.
The customer service was terrible. We were assisted at check in and then waited one and a half hours for our bags. When we arrived the the check in clerk was too interested in making phone calls to see to us and was pretty unhelpful with information. The only saving grace was a smooth check out and onwards travel. Not an experience to be repeated.
I could not rate this hotel any lower and was not worthy of any association with the Marriott Hotel. My advice .... Last year we stayed at the Radisson Blu Hotel and this was one thousand times better.

Room Tip: I would stay somewhere else....
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Rav K, Manager at Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Sally,

Thank you for recent tripadvisor review. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations due to the shortfalls in service that your received during your stay. Would you please email me at rav.khangura@marriott.com so that I can further look into this matter and go some way to resolve it.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kindest regards,

Rav Khangura
Director of Operations

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed here the night before we were due to fly as we were flying at 6am. We first arrived and were given our room which wasn't too far from reception, (which is what you want as the hotel is rather large and can be a long walk to your room) the room was nice and clean, very large bed, nice bathroom.
We chose to stay here as it had the pool area including Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna etc.
The bar area was nice, and we also had food in the restaurant area, which was fab. My partner likes a certain sauce with his steak which isn't on the menu but the chef still made it for him!

Over all a lovely stay and would recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near reception area as there are a lot of rooms and can sometimes be a long way from everything.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here two nights before our flight to Cancun and one night on the return journey. Booked 1 suite and 1 executive room going out and two suites on arrival back. This gave us a pretty good idea of general decor and maintenance level. Rooms are very tired and wallpaper in some rooms is verging on homeless shelter standard I would imagine. However the beds are super comfy and we all slept really well because of the Marriott mattresses.

Breakfast really good. In fact one of the best breakfasts I have had in the UK, staff in restaurant wonderful especially the senior waitress who was both charming and helpful (sorry did not get her name).

Executive rooms gain entry into the Lounge where there is white/red wine, beer, soft drinks and hot drinks on offer (alcohol only served after 5.30pm) to help yourself. Snacks get served in the early evening and were pretty good, we had a really good Roquefort cheese and an excellent Brie. Smoked salmon starters, prawn cocktail spoons, salads, pasta, chicken curry, bruschetta and home made sausage rolls were some of the choices available on the nights we stayed. Really good value upgrading, especially on the return journey when faced with jet lag and not up to sitting in a restaurant.

Male receptionist with well groomed facial hair was a joy (sorry I do not have his name but my long term memory was shot at this point because of a 7 hour flight delay and 10 hour flight, anyway he was professional, courteous and friendly. A real welcome after our journey! Female receptionists appeared to be a bit cold and perhaps they could work on their customer welcome a bit more, however maybe they just had an off day? All other staff really lovely, turn down service was great as we had al our toiletries, teas and coffees replenished with a smile. Porters lovely considering the amount of luggage we had. Yes we would definitely use this Marriott again but would prefer to have refurbished rooms .

Room Tip: Corner suite as you have two rooms. The others are junior suites classed as full suites.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EdinburghMontgomery
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Large clean rooms, helpful staff. Food and drink a bit pricy but good. Beds very comfortable. Only stayed one night before a holiday flight but was impressed overall by the hotel. Only downside was no lift and we had to carry our suitcases up and down stairs. Not too much of a problem for myself and teenagers but would have been awkward for elderly or young family. Hotel is big, long corridors, need a sat nav but map is helpful and everywhere is well signed. Was upgraded to included breakfast which saved a bit of money and was a welcome start to the hols.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the ground floor if you have heavy luggage
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I am staying in this hotel at the weekend as I have a friend that lives nearby and after booking with a no cancellation policy I have just been told that I will have to pay an extra £8 a night to park at the hotel. I do understand if I was parking to go on holiday and leave my car there for a long period of time, but I am not and will be moving my car every day, all day and will be just parking at night. Not very happy and will not book with this hotel again as I don't like being ripped off!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Rav K, Manager at Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Liz,

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review for our hotel. I am afraid we do charge £8 for all residents. We do however offer upgrade packages that do include car parking, and you will be able to gain more information when checking in at the hotel about them.

If I can of any assistance prior to your stay please contact me at rav.khangura@marriott.com.

Kindest regards,