“Lovely Place”
Review of The Priory

The Priory
Ranked #1 of 1 Scorton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We stopped at The Priory on the way to Scotland. Set in a quaint village, the Priory is a delight, friendly staff, lovely food and the accommodation is second to none. We will be back, would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Kelly P

Reviewed 29 August 2014

My husband found The Priory by chance whilst looking for a hotel to celebrate my birthday. The service is very friendly and the room was comfortable, if a little hot as we were over the kitchen.
We stayed in the hotel for dinner and the food was excellent and breakfast could not have been better.
All in all, a very enjoyable stay. Thanks!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I happened to find this hotel on Google maps while plotting a route back from Scotland. I booked directly through their website after having a quick look at their room availability. I was pleasantly surprised to be escorted to my room and shown the facilities inside. The room itself was tastefully decorated and very clean. I stayed for dinner and had an incredibly flavourful and well cooked meal at a very reasonable price. The staff are so friendly, polite and helpful. One member has worked there for 12 years and lives very locally which says a lot about the quality of service you can expect. I believe this hotel deserves a recommendation as it is not far from the M6 and if I had more time, the nearby surroundings would have provided a lovely walk and some stunning views. Local shop just opposite the hotel, amazing full english breakfast included in price which was only £49. A truly beautiful and well run hotel with a long family run heritage that deserves your money in return for good food and a comfortably pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I wanted to stay somewhere in the North of England on route to my two week tour of Scotland. By chance this hotel was exactly half way between my house in Essex and my first Scottish hotel I was staying, so I booked up for two nights.

The Pro's

- Great characterful bedrooms
- Very nice bar and meals
- Extremely friendly staff
- Excellent breakfast (one of the best I have had in years!)
- Free parking
- Situated in a sweet little village and church opposite

Cons

- I have to say I couldn't find fault with the hotel, I guess if I was being very picky then the only issue was poor wi-fi and phone signal. However some may find that a positive.

I will certainly stay again and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We needed somewhere to stay within reach of the ferry at Heysham. We found this on the internet and read the good reviews. The people are so friendly and helpful and it is a village of quiet charm yet close to the M6 and A6. We had a good, comfortable room. The dinner was excellent and delicious and breakfast brilliant. Would stay again if visiting the area.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Late booking through hotels dot com on the morning of staying. Arrived late evening, very pleasant and efficient staff. Good, warm room. Comfortable bed and peacefully quiet. Good breakfast too. We will come again :)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Found The Priory by chance on the internet and will definitely be going back. The staff were incredibly friendly, the room was comfortable and we had a delicious meal with the best potted shrimps I have ever had! The waitress very kindly arranged for us to have some to take home with us! For anyone wanting to break their journey to or from Scotland, this is a lovely place to stay, very reasonably priced and only 10 minutes from the M6. Very dog friendly too!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scorton
Crofter's Hotel
Crofter's Hotel
#2 of 2 in Garstang
Best Western Garstang Country Hotel And Golf Centre
2 mi away
Travelodge Lancaster M6

Been to The Priory? Share your experiences!