“Review”

Harfield Guest Villa
Ranked #1 of 10 Claremont B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff, lovely guest house, very nice breakfast. Easy to get to - I came by train. Had some problems with the wifi but they managed to help me to get it working. Overall highly recommended

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Graham R, Owner at Harfield Guest Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Micheal. Thank you for the lovely review.

We hope to see you again soon! Have a nice day.

Graham Rowe (Owner)

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I just spent a week at this elegant and a eco-friendly B&B. Marvelous room, comfortable bed and really great views of Table Mountain. The location is great for seeing sites in the city and for day trips to the surrounding vineyards and sea shore. Graham and his staff make you feel at home and serve top notch breakfast and evening meals. I did not have a car this trip and Graham arranged a reliable and affordable car service There are plenty of restaurents within a block.

Room Tip: The single rooms are fantastic -but consider treating your self to a cottage
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Graham R, General Manager at Harfield Guest Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Hi Lynn

Was so nice to meet you. Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear you had a great experience. Hope you had a comfortable trip home.

We would love to see you again in the near future, should you return to work or visit Cape Town.

Have a lovely day.

Regards

Christel (Manageress) and Graham (Owner)

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Christel and Graham are just wonderful hosts. I will definitly try to do the chroisant with eggs and cheese on my own. But Im sure it will never taste as good as in the Harfield Gues Villa. The room was amazing and the locatioin is ideal (with a car) I had the best time with them. Thank you and see you again soon!

Room Tip: the appartments are fantastic!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Graham R, General Manager at Harfield Guest Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Hi Joe

Thank you for the kind words! We enjoyed having you and your family here.
As for the croissants.. Good reason to return and stay with us when you are in Cape Town again.

Have a lovely evening and Regards to the family!

Christel and Graham

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I arrived in Cpt late afternoon on the same day of opening of parliament with no place to saty (agent mess up) and my work engagements meant I could only get to a B&B at 11. Not only did these guys acomodate me at the last minute, the friednly hostess stayed up to let me in after my first choice said it would be too late in the night for me to check in.

Stunning views of the mountain and felt like I slept on a cloud with what seemed like 1000 thread count crisp linen. Def would recommend if you want a flexible while comforatble place to stay.

Oh did I mention they also gave me a valentines card at breakfast :) Nice little touches make all the difference when one is far from home.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Graham R, General Manager at Harfield Guest Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Hi Zinzi

Thank you for your nice words in this review. Penny who made your booking was quite stressed out when she couldn't find accommodation. Luckily we had a cancellation and we are always more than willing to help, even if a late check in, if we have a room available. That is what we are here for!

We are happy to hear you had a good experience with us.

We hope to see you again soon!

Have a great week.

Christel Schoeman (Manageress)

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed at harfield guest villa for 4 nights. I had a huge attic room with fantastic view of table mountain. I am glad that I found them and were able to stay with them. They are located in the residence area which is 30min drive away from city center. I couldn't hire a car because they were all sold out in high season, I had to take a taxi everywhere. (There is a train station in 10min walk- but they didn't suggest it as I was a female solo traveler.) But their hospitality made me feel it still worths staying there. I was treated as if I had been one of their old friends, I was not the one of the guests recognized by 'room number'(this happens when you stay at the big hotels). Throughout my stay, Graham and Christel were very friendly, attentive and caring. They were always there for me -the suggestions of the activities, organizing transportations, everyday meals(they have wide range of menu and they were delicious!), feedback for the day tour etc. Thanks so much for making my stay so pleasant and memorable. I will come back!

• Stayed: February 2014
Graham R, General Manager at Harfield Guest Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear Keiko

Thank you for this wonderful review. Hope you well and safely back in Dubai. Probably back at work yet, traveling? Hope you had a good rest while you were here with us.

Let me know how it goes with your business plan (we've spoken about), as soon as you have it up and running. Or if you need any more info on our wines in Cape Town, just drop us an email.

We are glad to hear you had such a great experience with us. Keep well.
And we hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards

Christel Schoeman (Manageress) and Graham (Owner)

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We really enjoyed our 4 night stay at Harfield Guest Villa. Graham is a wonderful host and welcomed us in a friendly fashion We were upgraded to a cottage which was comfortable and spotless. We really enjoyed the thoughtful gestures ie chocolates on the pillow with flowers and leaves scattered on the bed. There were also delicious biscuits to eat with the filter coffee.
Breakfast was absolutely delicious and Graham was always up-beat and informative. Harfield Village is a delightful place as the people who live there are friendly and always willing to chat. There are many restaurants to choose from at night. We had delicious meals at Loco International Restaurant and First Avenue. Graham also cooks dinner if you do not want to eat out. Harfield Guest Villa is indeed a home away from home and we highly recommend this B & B!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Graham R, Owner at Harfield Guest Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you, Daniel.

It was so nice to meet you and it was a pleasure having you stay with us! Hope you have a good 2014 and hope to see you again soon!

Have a great day!

Best Regards

Graham

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I was very happy with my stay at Hartfield House. Graham was most hospitable and made sure that we had everything that we needed. We had a beautiful view from our room. The breakfasts were delicious with a wide range of choices.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Graham R, General Manager at Harfield Guest Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Hi Mandy

So nice to see this review to you. Hope your daughter will do well at Varsity. Thank you for the big compliments on our breakfasts and Graham's hospitality... We hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards

Christel (Manageress) and Graham (Owner)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Claremont
Banksia Boutique
Cape Town City Accommodation – The Quadrant
Clarence House
Clarence House
#4 of 10 in Claremont

Been to Harfield Guest Villa? Share your experiences!