“Superior”

Ranked #1 of 10 Claremont B&B and Inns
Caledon, South Africa
“Superior”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Old style South African hospitality, Superior location, service and overall excellence. Pleasure to recommend to closest friends. Owner friendly, very helpful and knowledgeable. Will definitely return in near future!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Graham R, General Manager at Harfield Guest Villa, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Dear Willem

Thank you for taking the time to write this review for us.

We hope to see you again soon.
Have a great day and weekend.

Christel Schoeman (Manageress)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Lilongwe, Malawi
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We spent 3 nights at Harfield Guest Villa. Was very happy being upgraded from a room to one of the cottages at no additional cost, as my wife joined me at the last minute. Breakfasts are really good with some interesting hot breakfast selections. Management and staff very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. They did two restaurant bookings for us which was much appreciated.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thanks Jacques and Alma

It was nice meeting you and we are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Please do not hesitate to book with us again in the near future. It will be great to have you stay with us again.

Christel (Manageress) and Graham (Owner) and the rest of the Harfield Team
Reviewed 1 September 2014

This was my first stay at Harfields. The accommodation, food and location are excellent. Graham and Christel were friendly, helpful and hospitable. Everything I needed was in the room. I will recommend Harfields to anybody considering staying in Cape Town.

Room Tip: The Classic Attic room is not 100% suitable for tall people and doesn't have a separate shower...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for writing this nice review for us. We hope to see you again in the future!
Have a great weekend.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have a unique perspective on Harfield Guest Villa because my wife and I were the first guests. Since I was doing work in Cape Town, I also stayed there by myself for an extended period of time so I've seen it grow over the years.

Graham and Jenni are excellent hosts and the other staff are also knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. This time we didn't have on our own car and Graham arrange for transport and just added it all into the final bill. Both are athletic and enjoy the outdoors so they can recommend trails and hikes.

There's a buffet for cold breakfast and you can order eggs as you want. All excellent. You can look out at Table Mountain from the dining room.

I like that it is in a regular neighborhood with a wide variety of very good restaurants and an easy walk one block over to Second St. Some have early specials at a discount. Good to take advantage of this as they fill up around 8:00 pm (20:00 hrs.) Have never had a bad meal at any of them.

Rooms are spotless, attractive with little touches like an ivy leaf or flower placed on the bed.

You feel well cared for by Graham, Jenni and the staff.
I prefer to stay in small privately owned places like this and it's the best.

Room Tip: They are all good and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelerBill34
Graham R, Owner at Harfield Guest Villa, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Bill and Lucretia,

What a fantastic feeling to get a review after 19 years from our very first special guests!
The fact that you came back after all this time is incredibly rewarding.Thanks so much for the review and positive feedback. Hopefully you will be back soon so we can spend even more time together.

Regards Graham, Jenni and Christel and Harfield team.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I spent 3 months at Harfield in one of the lovely cottages and it really was a home from home. Working away for a long time I couldn't have wished for anything nicer- Graham and Crystal along with all the other staff were brilliant and couldn't have done anything more for us, constantly going out of their way to take care of us and ensuring we were comfortable.

Great location, stunning views and surrounded by lovely places to eat and drink as well. Rooms were great, and it really was the little things that made all the difference- hot water bottles on cold evenings, a fresh warm crossiant to take away ready prepared when rushing to work in the morning!
I highly recommend Harfield, everything was exemplary, from the staff to the accomadation and location.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Amy B
Graham R, Owner at Harfield Guest Villa, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Hi Amy,

Hope all is well in sunny England and the group is doing great.Freezing here at the moment.
Thanks so much for the wonderful, kind words about Harfield Guest Villa. Hopefully you will need to return in the summer to work on that beautiful tan! :)

Regards Graham , Jenni , Christel and Harfield team
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Took my wife there as a little break for our anniversary and were treated like a king and queen. The room was very comfortable, the shower refreshing and the bath romantic. Also the breakfast was great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Graham R, General Manager at Harfield Guest Villa, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Neil

Thank you for your review and it was a pleasure spoiling you and your wife!

I hope that this will be a great year for both of you.

Hope to see you again. Have a great day!

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed at Harfield for 3 nights in May. Graham and his staff were fantastic. On one particularly cold evening when I returned from dinner the heater was turned on in my room and a hot water bottle in my bed! Talk about great service. The accomodation is beautiful and my room had a great view of the mountains. My room was very comfortable and clean with everything you could want. I'd certainly recommend Harfield and would stay there again myself.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Graham R, General Manager at Harfield Guest Villa, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Tracey

Thank you! It is always nice to have such a positive response from our guests.

We aim to make the stay as warm and welcoming the best we can. And we are happy to hear that
you have experienced it that way.

Hope you are well.

Have a good evening.

Best Regards

Christel Schoeman (Manageress) and Graham Rowe (Owner)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claremont
Vineyard Hotel
Wild Olive Guest House
Wild Olive Guest House
#1 of 29 in Newlands
John Bauer Pottery Studio and B&B

Been to Harfield Guest Villa? Share your experiences!