“Overall service”

The Garden Lounge & Patio
Ranked #13 of 49 Restaurants in Claremont
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the tranquility of the garden patio enveloped in this stunning natural setting or relax in the quiet ambiance of Vineyard Hotel's spacious Garden Lounge. The stunning mountain views, the wonderful landscaped gardens and the song of the many varieties of Cape birds that can be found in the vineyard’s garden are just a few of the pleasures to be enjoyed while contemplating an utterly delicious garden lounge menu offering light lunch meals.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Where do I start. I loved everthing about the place, the setting, the huge mountain as a backdrop, space and more space, good food at reasonable price, friendly staff and most of all, close to home.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I got taken by a friend for tea for my birthday. We sat in the lounge which reminded me of a library in the home of someone wealthy - bookcases lining the walls with vintage furniture arranged into separate little lounges. Comfy chairs, we were served promptly and the Organic Chocolate and Zucchini cake was delicious served with a scoop of rasberry ice-cream. It was quite expensive and worked out to about R80 a person for a piece of cake and a cappuccino but it was a lovely treat, a super setting and somewhere I would definitely go again for a special occasion.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Well priced good food and what a scenic place. My children were able to run around in the garden exploring the paths and trails and jumping on the rocks over the stream! My boys absolutely enjoyed their afternoon there.

The service was excellent and setting magnificent. A Lovely place to be.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

With a somewhat full schedule for Easter Day, we needed a place serving good food, evenly priced, and above all, where we could feel both special and relaxed at the same time. Our initial choice was The Square, but it was easy to move to this outdoor restaurant, with its magnificent views being shared by the many visitors to Cape Town for this weekend.

Our drinks arrived quickly, and the menu, though compact, left one wondering what to choose (and what to try on a future visit!) Our various main courses arrived well prepared, attractively presented, and, above all, perfectly matching our expectations for a light lunch. Even though we we under some degree of time pressure, at no point during our visit did we feel hurried.

If this seems to be the kind of place for you, go along! Only bad weather can cause disappointment.

(As an aside, I looked to see which of the Claremont restaurants are more highly rated, and here I take tripadvisor to task - how can a fish restaurant (part of a reliable national chain) more highly rated than the one under review, be said to have lovely views when it is in the middle of a mall? There has been a confusion of locations. Another point which I have made previously, relating to the top rated eatery in Claremont which does very well, is that somehow, somehow, restaurants that do not offer dinner should not be able to achieve a No. 1 position.)

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We elected to have the a-la-carte breakfast instead of only the buffet. The buffet has a relatively modest selection, but high quality. The menu has interesting items on it and it was difficult to select only one of them. The service and ambiance was great and we enjoyed all of it. Will be back.