“Good evening”

Ranked #42 of 49 Restaurants in Claremont
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2014

A good Fri eve, with Patricks band playing. This music is obviously the draw card, otherwise it can be quite. Food was excellent. Service by the lady waiter was excellent, she is very attentive. We will be returning for the second groupon of Delish oysters. Looking forward to that. All in all a nice place, good company, great food. Thx

3  Thank Cindy T

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Quiet long-weekend in Cape Town & many folk away, so no surprise to walk in and find we were the only couple, except for one other and a few people at the bar.
We went especially for the Oysters . . . they had x2 Oyster Specials: x5 fresh (R99) or x4 Cajun (R?) h with both served with with a glass of "bubbly" Poncgraz.
The fresh oysters were superb!!
Main courses - Steak (excellent) & pizza (good).
Service was very good . . .no excuse not to be, given how quiet it was :-)
Food: 9/10. Service: 9/10 Ambiance: 7/10(not the venue's fault) -
Overall: 8/10.

1  Thank panthera2014
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We have had dinner at Bentley's Oyster Bar in Claremont about 4 times now, including a special oyster feast. The steaks are done perfectly to your taste, sauces with a difference and the service is always at hand. Prices are more than reasonable and the elegant upmarket decor makes it worthwhile...who wants to eat in a tacky restaurant? Once you've tried it you'll return many times. Another couple (friends) whom we introduced to Bentley's are regulars there now. A Must Go!!!

1  Thank IsabelleBrett
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Food was excellent so was the food, but the owner padded my bill at the end and claimed I had drunken a very expensive whisky which I had particularly avoided. When I spoke to the bar man he claimed that I had drunken that whiskey.. I had in fact told the owner I would never order that whiskey due to the price. When the owner came back and I politely discussed it with him he shouted at me. I paid the bill and left. My bill had been padded by 20%! I will never go there again! Stay away from this place. The man is a fool as he has a wonderful formula, destroyed by bill padding!

3  Thank Gary M
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Bentley Oyster Bar & Bistro is one of those hidden gems!!

Wow. I mean wow. I'm not quite sure what to say. We just finished our meal at this restaurant and we couldn't wait to write this review once we got home.

The service is outstanding!!
The oysters (both fresh "normal" oysters and the more unusual such as deep fried cajun and citrus oysters we tried) were absolutely out of this world!
This was just the starter!!

I had the rump steak and my fiance had the duck and both were extremely tasty!!

Yeah, the oysters though... are absolutely amazing. They are the freshest oysters you will find in Cape Town. We can't wait to go back for more!

We had some amazing champagne and finished off with a delicious creme brulee.

The service was absolutely amazing! Some of the most attentive service we have ever had. The owner Jacque also came over and introduced himself - what a nice friendly guy and he has an absolute gem of a restaurant!!

Don't get put off by the hidden location.... it's fantastic! (there's also free underground parking available for diners)
This will be the next big thing in Cape Town... make a booking and try it out!!

If you want a fantastic night out with amazing oysters and other great food, try Bentley Oyster Bar & Bistro!

2  Thank ericvb