“Great Food”

Price range: US$5 - US$12
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We love Loco Lounge - small and intimate. What great food. Debbie and Tom are not just restaurant owners - they are true foodies and their menu is great. My all time favourites is the Lambwich - the lamb is sous vide and is super delicious. Burgers are excellent on home baked burger buns. I tried the Pulled Pork Burger - wow talk about more-ish. We love the small balcony which has a view of the mountain. Great coffee. We definitely will go back and try dinner.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

A friend and I went in by chance and had the most wonderful evening, the food is fantastic and the unusual cocktails outstanding! There is an incredible vibe and the owner, Debbie and her husband give the place a very homely feel, they are so friendly and are genuinely interested in their guests .. we have been back again and enjoyed it just as much, it is definitely our new local hang out!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

My husband and I went in one night on a whim. What a delight! Charming decor, friendly atmosphere, and owners who are personally present and really invested in quality service and food. Debbie, one half of the ownership, did something I have never experienced before- she came and sat with us, explained that this is a new business venture, and asked for an honest critique of the meal (which, as it happens, was delicious). She really wants it to be the best it can be. There is such passion and care at Loco. Now, we keep going back, despite the string of other restaurants available along the same street. Loco is lekker!

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

My wife, daughter and I found this little gem on our way home from a shopping trip. We were hungry and it was coming up to 2pm on a Sunday. We were warmly greeted by the husband and wife team, who were keen to tell us about their approach to food, and tales of 1000km horse treks with UNICEF. The food is simply beautiful; honest, great ingredients cooked and presented with care and passion. A lot of what you will eat and drink is home grown, home made and largely organic and preservative free. The menu is simple with a range of interesting breakfast choices as well as tapas. The juiced drinks were devine, as was their own special blend of coffee. So if you need a good hearty healthy meal, need to cool off with a juice, or want to kick your heels back with a coffee - this quiet spot is certainly worth a look see!

1  Thank Moonbuggy1
Reviewed 22 December 2013

This is an absolute gem that I stumbled on when I was starving! I ordered a fillet steak with the most beautiful mash and mushrooms, in a pea foam, and ended with chocolate brownies. The Brownies were a little too sweet for my liking, but were excpetional nonetheless! The meat was fantastic. My waiter was highly attentive and very friendly and happy to serve, even though I was a single diner (often waiters don't want single tables I find) The upstairs area is absolutely gorgeous and whisks you away from the streets of Claremont. The ambiance is amazing and I will definitely be returning with many more joining me!

1  Thank Nicki1907