“Fabulous food, service, Vibe”

The Avenue Restaurant and Grill
Ranked #3 of 49 Restaurants in Claremont
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Thank you for being so attentive! I was a single diner (I often eat out alone and don't get the same level of service when I am in a group), and got treated like I was a VIP. I had carpacio which was excellently presently, and very tasty, a lovely Lamb dish and delicious chocolate brownie! I do love my food, and this restaurant made every mouthful worthwhile.

the waitress was super attentive and really good, knew what to recommend, did not rush me, and as always around when I needed something extra.

I even left my handbag behind and they kept it for me!

I can only strongly recommend this place to everyone who likes great service and value for money.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We moved to Claremont 18 months ago and discovered 'The Avenue' in Harfield Village by chance. This small restaurant has become very busy since then and it's no surprise. Quality, portion size, and esp value for money is exceptional. The sirloin steak is my usual but try the others. The owner Tony, is always in attendance and very approachable even when busy in kitchen. Has 'curtain raiser' discounts for those seated by 6.45pm. We eat out a lot and this is def one of our favourites.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

One of the worst dining experiences.
Seated by waitress; then waited 15 mins before she wandered back to check on table. Yes, I would have loved a cold beer.
I enquired if the calamari was good, she said yes – but doesn’t eat calamari (??)
When it did arrive – it had obviously been deep fried in dirty, old oil. Likewise for the chips. The most bland tasting dish ever.
When another waitress reached over to clear some dishes; I was hit with a whiff of seriously bad body odour.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

'The Avenue' in 2nd Street Harfield Village Kenilworth is not the best restaurant in S. Suburbs but it's the place we visit most often. The place is excellent value esp if you are seated by 6.45pm weekdays and eligible for 'curtain raiser' menu which offers significant discounts. Tony the owner has been in meat/eatery business all his life and still does a lot of the cooking.

My 2 favourite main courses are Sirloin Steak and Roast Vegetable Salad with chips. Occasionally steak is under-cooked but its simple to give it another couple of minutes on grill. Wine list is small and house wines sold by small carafe or bottle at very reasonable prices. Go early as its a popular venue. 5 stars for value.

Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

We called in here to meet some friends. It's a nice small family run restaurant , owner and daughter working together . Service is good with a friendly smile , bring your own wine if you like no problem. Steaks are good but be particular how you like your steak as there is a tendency to flame burn the edges badly. Apart from that it's a cosy evening and quite enjoyable .