“The model hotel - search no more”
Review of Beaumont House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Claremont
Beaumont House
Ranked #5 of 10 Claremont B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Simply put, I cannot recommend Beaumont House highly enough. Beautifully presented hotel well located in one of the world's most spectacular countries. The owners are a delight. Peter and Gill are welcoming and helpful with suggestions from the moment you first make contact to the friendly wave good bye. It is as if you are staying with old friends and they are welcoming you into their home. Every hotel I ever been to could learn something about service from Beaumont House.

Oh, and the best nights' sleep I've had in months.

Many thanks for a wonderful stay,

Andrew

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Beaumont House

Reviewed 22 November 2011

My wife and I recently spent a blissful three nights at beaumont house before flying on to Mauritius. We can not recommend it highly enough. The owners, Peter and Gill are wonderful hosts giving great advice and practical help. The rooms are seriously smart and immaculately clean. The bathroom in our pool side room was stunning and our bed was huge and very comfortable. Breakfast was a delicious feast accompanied by cool jazz and a chat with Peter about wine (he is very knowledgeable). All in all, we could not fault Beaumont House. Go - you won't be disappointed! Howard & Rosie.

• Stayed: October 2011
beaumonthouse, Owner at Beaumont House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Hi Howard & Rosie - many thanks indeed for taking the time to post on TA and of course for the very kind words! We really enjoyed having you stay with us and helping you both enjoy some of the pleasures Cape Town has to offer.

Best wishes to you both for a memorable first married Christmas and a successful 2012!

Peter & Gill

Reviewed 1 October 2011

This was my third trip to Cape Town and my second stay at Beaumont House and quite frankly I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else for the next one! The attention to detail and subtle elegance is everywhere from the minute you arrive to the time that you leave. Gill and Peter have created a little gem in Beaumont House and have set a benchmark for quality and service that many others can only aspire to but most will never achieve............... put simply; ' it doesn't get any better than this'.

Room Tip: All are first class
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I travel to Cape Town on business on a frequent basis but no matter how many times I return the service and friendship gets better.... I can honestly say it's my official second home. Fabulous service through..

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 20 June 2011

My wife and I stayed at Beaumont House for four nights as part of our honeymoon trip to South Africa and Namibia. In a word, Beaumont House is perfect. If you are an independent-minded traveler who is looking for a truly classy, beautiful place to stay, then look no further. You will be rewarded by your choice!

The house, itself, is beautiful and elegant, and appears to have emerged from the pages of Architectural Digest or the like. Each room's decor reflects the attention to detail that Gill and Peter embody. We stayed in the Garden Suite, which we would highly recommend to anyone. The dining area, as well, was gorgeous, and the breakfast each morning delectable.

Not only are the accomodations world class (truly), but Gill and Peter provide wonderful guidance, including restaurants, wine tasting, and even the perfect hiking route up Table Mountain. Their advice was distinctly personalized -- Peter, for example, took great lengths to ensure that our wine tasting routes reflected our preferred tastes in wine.

I cannot recommend Beaumont House more highly if you are traveling to Cape Town and looking for a gorgeous, personal, and intimate setting.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2011

I'd always wanted to visit Cape Town but me being me didnt want some big chain hotel. But neither did I want some "guest house" as there are so many of in South Africa.

Beaumont House is fantastic. Classy, chic, great food and the best bit... Peter and Gill. They know how to flex friendliness but give you your own space.

So, I'm back in Jan 2012 to Cape Town and it's Beaumont House. I cant give them enough stars...

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Very special place that provided the perfect base for a 10 day Easter and royal wedding holiday. Gill and Peter are ideal hosts who very quickly get a feel for what you're going to enjoy doing. Consequently we experienced some outstanding food and wine, land sailing for the first time and a great 4 wheel driving experience. All in all, ideal.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claremont
Vineyard Hotel
Harfield Guest Villa
Harfield Guest Villa
#1 of 10 in Claremont
Cape Town City Accommodation – The Quadrant

Been to Beaumont House? Share your experiences!