Our visit to anantara was on
Anantara desert island resort. sir banyyas - abudhabi
Anantara is a well- known resorts group in many countries but my comment about this group that the quality of services varies from one to another.
Well.. Our experiment in anantara was not as expected and hope from them to improve their services specially in sir baniyas resort.
We choose to book for private pool villa and the booking was by phone and it was easy .
The resort is very far from abudhabi and it was long trip by car (250 km).
They have also access by airplane by Rotana group , but we don't advise because it is very expensive .. Doesn't worth to waste that amount on plane..
Well .. it should be cheap to encourage people to visit the resort.
When we reached the resort ,they finished our booking and left to our (((private pool villa))) !!!!
Well it wasn't as expected and as mentioned on their website..
The have only six villas near by the main building and they are not private as told !
There wasn't a swimming pool .. Damn it was 1 meter x 1 meter hole !!! And not private that it was outside and all rooms on the main building will enjoy watching us sitting in that crap hole !! Lool
The property inside is huge and beautiful .. Huge living room + bedroom..
There was no mini bar !!! How come ?only two small water bottles ? Why ? The complimentary in villa was very limited (2 tea bags - 2 nescafe and 4 espresso capsules ) ! That's all ..
I still wonder why they didn't fill the mini bar and why kept it empty ?!!!
There is no direct access to the beach and the beach area is small
Room service is bad .we preferred not to call them to clean on second day !!!
They have two resturants and bar beside the public swimming pool.
Tried one of them .. Low quality food not as expected in 5 stars resort !!
Preferred to order from indoor or villa menu set .. It has large menu.
Spend the night time in the bar and had a shisha (hookah) and some cold drinks .. We don't advise and was truly expensive ..
Second day they made seafood dinner buffet .. It was cool .. We loved it.. And it was crowded
They have message center , safari trips and some naval activities .
Did not try any of them because the weather was very hot and humid that time..
Abu Dhabi still doesn't have the tourism cultural becase they are geeks in this field ..
But you get surprised when you see most of famous resorts and hotels in Abu Dhabi that they don't have quality in customer service and no steady policy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 64 luxuriously appointed rooms, suites, spacious one-bedroom villas and truly luxurious two-bedroom Royal Villas, Desert Islands Resort & Spa by Anantara invites you to live out your own Arabian nights in a destination that is anything but ordinary. 240km from Abu Dhabi City and just eight kilometers off the Abu Dhabi emirate’s western coastline, the island beckons with a mystique that is worlds away from the hustle and bustle of modern urban life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Agoda, Ebookers, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Islands Resort And Spa By Anantara
- Desert Islands Resort & Spa By Anantara Hotel Sir Bani Yas Island
- Desert Islands Hotel
- Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa Emirate Of Abu Dhabi/Sir Bani Yas Island