Desert Islands Resort and Spa is truely an amazing experience. From the moment we parked the car at the jetty we were very well looked after. The short boat ride to the island is exciting and the views as you arrive to the hotel are breathtaking.
Upon arrival at the hotel we were approached by the activities organisor to book in for what we wanted to do while we were there. We picked the Game Drive that evening and Kayaking the next morning. The Game drive was fab, we saw many species, and our guide was very friendly and knowledgeable. The Kayaking was great fun, something niether myself or my huband have tried before, the highlight for us was seeing some dolphins playing not far from where we were paddling.
The Hotel itself was very well decorated, clean, and the staff were more friendy and attentive than any hotel I have stayed in across the UAE. The food in the Palm restaurant was good, we ate there 3 times and also had room service which was great.
The pool was lovely, a good size and nice temperature.
I had informed the hotel when I booked that it was our wedding anniversary, and upon check in we were presented with a complimentary cake and a room upgrade
We will definitely be visiting this resort again, the only downside is that it is a 3 1/2 hour drive from Dubai, maybe next time we will fly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 64 luxuriously appointed rooms, suites, spacious one-bedroom villas and truly luxurious two-bedroom Royal Villas, Desert Islands Resort & Spa by Anantara invites you to live out your own Arabian nights in a destination that is anything but ordinary. 240km from Abu Dhabi City and just eight kilometers off the Abu Dhabi emirate’s western coastline, the island beckons with a mystique that is worlds away from the hustle and bustle of modern urban life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Islands Resort And Spa By Anantara
- Desert Islands Resort & Spa By Anantara Hotel Sir Bani Yas Island
- Desert Islands Hotel
- Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa Emirate Of Abu Dhabi/Sir Bani Yas Island