“The greatest escape in the UAE”

Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa
Reviewed 18 September 2009

i went there with my wife and two kids. it was more than what i ecpected. staff were really friendly. my kids loved the pool and we really enjoyed the gaming. i think this place is unique product in the region. i read some of the negative reviews and we were worried. but, the experience was lovely and we plan to go back again. i strongly recommend it for families with young kids.

• Stayed: April 2009
1  Thank MaHamad

Reviewed 8 September 2009

The UAE scenery is pretty boring, but this island is fantastic with mountains and mangroves and thousands of animals to see - gazelles, oryx, ostrich. Huge rooms, with NESPRESSO coffee machine and sauvignon blanc wine = my favourites! Great attention to detail and service. Our youg kids loved it, as did we!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank familleT
Reviewed 8 September 2009

My partner and I had a great time..professional and happy staff ready to assist anytime, not to mention that we stayed during Ramadan and still a wonderful experience for us..did a lot for 2 full days, from kayaking, snorkelling, mountain biking, archery and of course going to the wild and see those beautiful creatures! AWESOME! and we still managed to relax and spend sometime by the pool..will definitely come back..

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2009

I just would like to say, that this island is wonderful that I will keep the time there for the rest of my life in my mind. This is why I called this island PARADISE. I just hope for the future that there will no big tourism and no big hotel which will destroy the environment. I also wish that everyone who will come to the island will see how wonderful “Mother Earth” is and that everyone will keep in his mind the earth can live without the human, but the human not without the earth”. Behave in that way is all I can say. The top of that paradise is that wonderful hotel where I spend the nights. I just wish that all will be like it is, because there is nothing what should be improved. Everything in the hotel was wonderful and I never saw something better. The hotel and all fits to the island. I also like to say THANK YOU to the hotel especially to Mrs. NEEDRA FERNANDO which was the dot on the i.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank flightinspection
Reviewed 26 August 2009

Desert Islands Resort and Spa is truely an amazing experience. From the moment we parked the car at the jetty we were very well looked after. The short boat ride to the island is exciting and the views as you arrive to the hotel are breathtaking.
Upon arrival at the hotel we were approached by the activities organisor to book in for what we wanted to do while we were there. We picked the Game Drive that evening and Kayaking the next morning. The Game drive was fab, we saw many species, and our guide was very friendly and knowledgeable. The Kayaking was great fun, something niether myself or my huband have tried before, the highlight for us was seeing some dolphins playing not far from where we were paddling.
The Hotel itself was very well decorated, clean, and the staff were more friendy and attentive than any hotel I have stayed in across the UAE. The food in the Palm restaurant was good, we ate there 3 times and also had room service which was great.
The pool was lovely, a good size and nice temperature.
I had informed the hotel when I booked that it was our wedding anniversary, and upon check in we were presented with a complimentary cake and a room upgrade
We will definitely be visiting this resort again, the only downside is that it is a 3 1/2 hour drive from Dubai, maybe next time we will fly!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tamara T
Reviewed 24 August 2009

The Island is incredible and the staff and very friendly. i suggest you avoid weekends like we did and hence the resort has less people and the service is better. We enjoyed theactivities associated with the hotel, like Game Drive, Arching, Kayaking, Schoba Diving ..etc
The Hotel is the only one on the Island and hence provide a theme of relaxing and joy.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank ibda3uae
Reviewed 24 August 2009

Great service, view, activities and food. We had a great time, specially with kids, they had a blast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank moatre
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sir Bani Yas Island
Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Sahel Villa Resort
Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al ...
#1 of 3 in Sir Bani Yas Island
Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Yamm Villa Resort
Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al ...
#2 of 3 in Sir Bani Yas Island
0 mi away
Barracuda Beach Resort
Barracuda Beach Resort
#1 of 7 in Umm Al Quwain

Been to Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!