“Live next to the animals and birds :) great experience”

Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Sahel Villa Resort
“Live next to the animals and birds :) great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

wow didnt expect the place to be that beautiful , we booked 2 nights for our wedding anniversary which was really romantic , i would wake up and see birds ,peacock and ghazals near my villa

Hotel design
The hotel is new, villas decoration is mix between African and emirates style

Great welcoming with a juice and cold water
We had a problem with Ac thats why we got upgraded immediately to a bigger villa! With bigger pool which made us really happy
The staff are very friendly and made their best to make us comfortable

Activities
Is a bit crowded u need to book in advance, there are many things to do in the island

Breakfast was ok , wish they have more options, But the chef is open to do extra staff if u want !

I would recommend this hotel to everyone :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank miss_shamsia
Christoph H, Manager at Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Sahel Villa Resort, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Mouza

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback on the site.

We are delighted that you had such a fantastic stay with us, and we certainly trust that we will welcome you back in the near future.

I will pass on your positive remarks regarding our team to them.

Christoph

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

This review comes in a bit late, as we had traveled to Al Sahel villas towards end of March. We had been considering to travel to Sir Bani Yas over more than a year, but usually the drive time used to put us off. With news of a safari lodge themed resort opening up in Bani Yas, got our attention and we decided to finally make the trip.

The drive to BaniYas is a good 3.5 – 4 hour drive through mostly dry scenery , would be advisable for those travelling from Dubai to give it a 4 hour atleast incase you come up any traffic or unexpected roadblocks. We managed to reach intime for the 2pm ferry. The Anantara welcome area is a small visitor’s centre with refreshments for the visitors. The drive towards the Anantara visitors centre is through a scenic strip with the sea on both sides. The ferry did feel a bit crammed and not so special for a place like Baniyas Island and considering that the stay was at a Anantara property. Once we arrived at the island, there was a private 4x4 waiting to pick us up. Shahyeed was our driver, a great guy, he explained us about the island , the animals around and the resorts at Bani Yas, he even stopped the 4x4 at some really good spots for us to take a pic or two of the grazing deers. This itself got us into a relaxed mood.
Al Sahel villas is located deep inside the islands wildlife reserve, for guests from other resorts they have to take a special trip to get into the conserve, for Al Sahel guests, being right in centre of the reserve is a great feeling. It easily makes you feel you are at a safari lodge back in Kenya.

On reaching the beautiful resort, we were welcomed by Achu and Daniel, they have been great hosts and have been helpful throughout our stay at the resort. Achu showed us around the main restaurant. Lounge and took us to the villa.

The villa was something really brilliant and very different from what you would find in UAE, the unique thatched roof design and the calm surroundings really put us at ease. The interiors were equally great and set within theme of the safari lodge. The copper bath tub is really amazing and the bath amenities are good too. Since it was our anniversary, there was a cake waiting for us too, my wife really loved the overall ambience and calmness of the place.
That night we had dinner at Amwaj in the main Desert Islands resort, the Main resort is really great and the staff equally good. The food at Amwaj was just average, some of the reviews had mentioned that the food to be one of the best in the island,but we just found it average, even after being part of Anantara, the thai dishes had been below average. The next and consequent day we had breakfast at the Savannah lounge, this was brilliant and a the food was great, the location overlooking the villas and the savannah was beautiful and we had spend quiet sometime every day after breakfast enjoying the view.

We had also visited the nearby Al Yamm villa resort, with a beach resort theme, this place was quiet and serene, but being a beach resort it was funny to notice that the sand around was more of gravel and less powdery , it felt like the whole place had been built on reclaimed land, anyhow the view and place was stunning.

We did have some negative points about the stay, being our anniversary our lunch was planned out at Olea the Italian restaurant at Al Yamm, but due to some miscommunication from the guest team or the transportation, which am not sure of, instead of reaching the resort by 2 pm we reached there by 4 pm and being on an island we couldn’t just walk to the restaurant which was pretty far away. Anyhow by 4 pm the lunch time was over and the anniversary lunch dint take place and we ended up going to Desert islands for an early dinner around 5 pm , when we had checked with Samak, they would open only around 6:30 pm or so, finally we ended up having food from the pool bar which was luckily open and was serving. The food was really good and since we were really hungry it helped even more.

Another annoying factor was the location of our villa, villa 61, even thou is very close to the reception building and savannah grill, the villa literally faced the restaurant and to make things even worse the plunge pool was dead straight in front of the pathway to the restaurant as well as the main tile pathway, it was more like taking a dip right middle of the pathway. Privacy at the terrace was zero literally and so in the plunge pool. It’s a great thing that they don’t advertise the pool for a basic villa and provide it,but what’s the point when you have no privacy. And on our last night at the villa they had a BBQ at the restaurant which was right in front and there was noise all through the night and this was disturbing.

On checkout Achu and Sara where really apologetic about the missed out anniversary lunch.
Overall the resort is really soothing and great and impress us, but the problems we encountered did leave us a bit disheartened, it’s a bit doubtful if we would return again, as closer resorts like Bab Al Shams and Banyan tree even thou doesn’t have the fancy location and theme, are brilliant when it comes to even the minute details of treating the guests and accommodation which has always left us wanting for more. But yet al Sahel is good for those who would like to have a sneak peak at a safari lodge living without travelling all the way down to Kenya..

Room Tip: Stay at the villas further down, refuse villa 61 at anycost !
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hasher9
Dear Hasher

Thank you for your feedback, and I will share all positive comments, as well as your suggestions with my team.

You would be delighted to know that we have done some improvements to the landscaping around Villa 61, in order to provide more privacy, and the new plants have already shown some new growth, which has provided a good natural screen from the pathway and the adjacent Villa.

Although the trip to Sir Bani Yas Island might be quite a lenghty one, the alternative of utilising Rotana Jet's flights from Abu Dhabi and Dubai provides for a swift and effortless transfer to the Island. Perhaps this option, which is also very affordable, would be a motivation to revisit us in the near future when you feel that you need a break from city life. Please contact me personally when you make your reservation, so I can ensure that we allocate a Villa which has extra privacy.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights on my birthday and I'm honestly really disappointed in this hotel. I'm not quite sure how all the reviews are so amazing, but we didn't find our experience that great. We travel a lot and stay at beautiful resorts all over the world and this was a flop for us.

There was construction by the main pool, which was irritating and noisy- you basically couldn't use the pool. If we had known that prior to our visit, we would have stayed in their other property, AlYamm. We actually went there and their pool and food was mediocre. My husband requested a surprise cake with dinner, which came late and half-heartedly (I found this out later that he had made a previous request prior to our trip and when we actually reached). We found the food in all three resorts to be average, if not just plain horrible.

Upon arrival, the staff just seemed awkward. We walked off the boat to such confusion, not quite sure where to go and what to do and no one came to us, we basically had to ask "Okay, what's happening exactly lol". I'm a big Six Senses fan and they have mastered the art of greeting you and sending you off- I guess I was expecting something like that, but that didn't happen. We had room service the first day for lunch, and woke up the next day with the food still outside and the tray still there. Incidents like that just made us feel like it wasn't a five star luxury villa resort. The service was seriously lacking.

The pool at the villa is a plunge pool- didn't really serve a purpose for me. I prefer Six Senses Zighy Bay or Banyan Tree Ras AlKhaimah for a close retreat away from it all due to the facilities, the large villas and large pools.

The upside is the villas were beautifully done and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. It was nice waking up to the sounds of animals, but we definitely won't be going back here, like ever.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Monira A
Christoph H, Manager at Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Sahel Villa Resort, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Monira

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback with regards to your stay. I do apologise that you felt that your stay with us was not up to your expectations, and can assure you that should you have raised any of your concerns during your stay, we would have gladly attended to these.

Our guests' safety is of paramount importance to us, and since we discovered a fault on the fire mains pipe, we had to engage in unexpected repair work to ensure that we can maintain our high safety standards. This unexpected repair involved plant and machinery to expose the area affected, which we apologise for, however the situation was unavoidable.

Our Restaurant Manager at the various outlets on the island pride themselves in guest engagement, and always inquire regarding the enjoyment of meals. Please feel at ease to discuss any dissatisfaction with them should you next find a meal to not be to your expectation.

We understand that the plunge pool at the villa is not a full sized swimming pool, and hence we advertise it as a plunge pool, which is intended for a quick reprieve from the heat, more so than a pool to swim laps in. The category of Villa which you booked is in fact advertised without any promise of a pool, as we only advertise the next villa category to have a plunge pool, which is indeed bigger than the one you experienced at the entry level villa you stayed in.

Thank you for your positive comments on the team's friendliness, I will be sure to pass this on to them.

With the final works to the fire main complete, I am certain that you would appreciate and enjoy the peace and quiet around our main pool and urge you to please contact me personally should you consider to revisit us in the future and experience our hospitality and the true peace & quiet offered at Al Sahel Villa Resort.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

My fiancé and I are frequent travellers and we have visited many high end resorts (six senses, four seasons, St regis, Ritz.. to name a few) but we have never, and I mean NEVER received the type of service we got at Al Sahel.

The property is unique and offers a real wild life experience. The villa is exteremely comfortable and provides all the amenities that guests seek. What really really stands out though is the hotel staff. Not only did they (namely: Mohammad Natsheh, Moath Hamdan and Shaheed) do a spectacular job of catering to every single whim of ours, they also went the extra mile to truly show us what excellence in service and commitment to client service means. In many cases, we both stood speechless to the unwavering dedication and friendliness they showed us. In essence, they made it difficult for other hoteliers to meet their brilliance but have certainly encouraged us to experience more Anantara hotels going forward!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandgenie
We are delighted with your positive feedback and would like to thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

My team pride themselves in guest service excellence and I'm delighted that you experienced their passion for hospitality.

I trust that we would be able to welcome you back to Al Sahel in the near future, so we can provide you with another memorable experience.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I spent four nights at Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Sahel Villa Resort, and everything about our experience was pretty much perfect.

Nothing I write can justify how every minute in this resort was just perfect. The staff are super friendly and professional. Villa was perfect, we were provided with everything we needed.

Fresh and good location. The rooms are spacious & lovely, Beautiful design, excellent communication and customer service, Food, sea services were amazing!.

Overall i had the best time. Highly recommend this place. It’s relaxing, full of activities.

I would defiantly go back there in the near future.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Zaid_AlThekair
Dear Zaid

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience regarding your stay at Al Sahel Villa Resort.

I am delighted that you had such a great stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our piece of paradise, in the near future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Wow what a place. The villas are perfect the location is perfect. I have stayed in some beautiful hotels over the years but this is out of this world. The staff are amazing I felt like royalty the service is above and beyond. So relaxing with no noise of the city feels like out of Africa. I can say for certain that I will be returning in the near future. The most amazing comfortable relaxing 4 days I have had on a holiday. Recommend completely to anyone don't go anywhere else.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your views on our lovely resort, and we are indeed pleased that you had such a relaxing time with us.

We certainly look forward to your next visit so that we can provide you with another blissful break from city life, and allow us to look after your every need to ensure that you leave us feeling rejuvenated and rested.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I spent a weekend in the Sahel villas by Anantara in Sir Bani Yas island. I have to say it was completely worth the long drive from Dubai. The service is outstanding. Rooms are perfectly taken care with great bathroom and good privacy, plus you enjoy all the nature and animals of Sir Bani Yas right in your backyard.
Dining was good and at a reasonable procing as well as breakfast bufe was good. We used the swimming pool which is very well taken care and serviced and also enjoyed a safari . The safari is entertaining but simple, which is normal given the environment.
Probably will return when heat is over.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Christoph H, Manager at Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Sahel Villa Resort, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Good day

Thank you for affording you your time to give such fantastic feedback. We are delighted that you had such a good time at Al Sahel. Should you prefer a swifter option for your travels on your next visit, please contact Rotana Jet to inquire regarding the flights from Dubai to Sir Bani Yas Island which are scheduled three days a week. The flights really cut down on traveling time and are super convenient (and also affordable).

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sir Bani Yas Island
Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Yamm Villa Resort
Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al ...
#2 of 3 in Sir Bani Yas Island
Dhafra Beach Hotel
Dhafra Beach Hotel
#2 of 2 in Jebel Dhanna
Grand Mercure Residence Abu Dhabi
Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa
Anantara Desert Islands Resort &...
#3 of 3 in Sir Bani Yas Island
Danat Jebel Dhanna Resort
Danat Jebel Dhanna Resort
#1 of 2 in Jebel Dhanna
Barracuda Beach Resort
Barracuda Beach Resort
#1 of 7 in Umm Al Quwain

Been to Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Sahel Villa Resort? Share your experiences!