The Pelican Guest House
Hotels.com
  • Fitness centre
Park Farm Hotel(Hethersett)
US$195
Dunston Hall(Stoke Holy Cross)
US$143
  • Pool
US$119
J.D.Young(Harleston)
US$137
All reviewsthe pubtrust barb bdouble roomenjoyed our staycooked breakfastyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We popped in for a hurried meal, our time was short and we were seated and served straight away, our food was great and although we wouldn't usually rush so much , we were happy it was quick! We shall return for a less hurried visit as it seems we have stumbled upon a real norfolk gem :-)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have had the pleasure of visiting the Pelican a few times now, I have to say its a beautiful place, the food quality is always outstanding and service always really friendly.

There is a lovely garden too for the extra special days in the sunshine.

I am looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We went in a party of 4 following a visit a few months ago when everything was fine. We were therefore surprised by happenings on this visit. I ordered a sirloin steak but when it arrived it was a rib eye steak. I don't like rib eye and this steak was awful anyway as it had thick lines of fat running through it and one area was all fat. I do not understand why a chef would want to serve it.

As a result I complained and was then told there had been a mis print on the menu and they do not have any sirloin. I was offered a food replacement but this of course meant a wait when the idea was to have a meal with my friends and not afterwards.

I asked for the menu again and then had to wait a while for them to get one for me. Also despite having to wait for food I was not offered a complimentary drink. I got the impression they do not really care although I did get an apology. I did not feel valued and decided to see the manager but was told he was not on the premises. The waitress did not ask for my name so he could contact me. I felt even less valued and was feeling stressed. Eventually the person in charge who was working on the bar came to see me and I explained what happened. He was sorry and we did not have to pay for the food we had.

This was a minor problem that got out of hand because of poor uncaring service in my opinion. As a result I would certainly not want to visit this pub again especially because of al the very good eating establishments in the area particularly the Bird In Hand pub in the next village.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MartinWanger
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We've been on the search for lovely country pubs in Norfolk and this is one of the best. Really mouth-watering food in a Pub with real character. We are all looking forward to going back soon! we would really recomend The Pelican Inn to anyone who likes a lovely environment and wonderful food.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had a lovely evening with friends. The food was very good and the staff were very attentive.

The atmosphere is lovely, relaxed with an old fashioned but modern feel - if that makes sense.

We were drinking champagne, which was lovely - and they had plenty off.

We will certainly be going back!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends