“Excellent Meal!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Excellent Meal!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We ate at the Roadford House Restaurant our last night in Doolin. Our B&B recommended we have dinner there and we were delighted we did. The food was delicious and I can easily say it was the best meal we had during our stay in Ireland. The menu had very unique choices and originally seemed a bit pricey, however we were all very happy with our food and the price ended up not an issue.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Cooksey280

“great seafood”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

this place is fantastic, seafood is so fresh, i've never tasted anything like it. if you're ever in the remote and beautiful county of clare, stop in, you won't be disappointed!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank happyhappylonndoner
Dublin, Ireland
“Well worth a visit great food great service”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I dined here on our first night visiting Doolin. We were immediately presented with delicious fresh brown bread and a bread topped with tomato and cheese.I ordered the special starter which was crab and prawn cocktail,fresh and delicious. I followed with the hake with orzo served with a selection of seasonal vegetables cooked to perfection not over done. My daughter had a Thai broth which was superb full of fish and flavour. My other daughter had the parsnip and basil soup,she doesn't normally like parsnips but loved this! Everyone's plates were wiped clean. The service was efficient and unobtrusive. The owner then took the time to give us a map of the local area and highlight the areas of interest. To conclude in my opinion the best restaurant in the locality.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Helen B
Nenagh, Ireland
“Worth going out of your way for”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Four of us had dinner on 30/4/14. The standard of the food and service was first class. We had 4 x four course dinners and two excellent bottles of wine for €50 per head. I don't know of another restaurant where food of this standard can be got at that price. The food is as good as the menu reads.

• Visited April 2014
Northern NV
“Orchestrated magic!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We were a party of 20 going to Ireland for a destination wedding. I contacted Marian to reserve a dinner for our large group. Marian readily responded to all emails promptly. That was just the start of a brief experience of heaven on earth. The food was exceptional and easily the equivalent of any one star rated Michelin restaurant. I had foie gras as a starter and duck confit for a main. The menu was extensive with numerous selections and everyone in our party was very favorably impressed. But what rated as magic for me is that Marian orchestrated the entire meal in a seamless fashion, especially when you consider that several of our group arrived at various times and not the reserved time. The service was outstanding and the value beyond compare. This is a very special place that works like a finely oiled machine. Drop by if you want to experience a little bit of heaven on earth.

Visited April 2014