“atmosphere even better than food”
Review of Doolin Cafe

Doolin Cafe
Ranked #9 of 25 Restaurants in Doolin
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We at Doolin Café aim to provide fresh and healthy food options. We serve breakfast which is oven baked consists of the full irish, scramble eggs with a choice of sides, eggs benedict or florentine, gluten free pancakes and breakfast waffles. Our lunch options consists of homemade soups, fresh seasonal salads, savoury and sweet treats. We try to cater to all needs with a small selection of gluten-free, vegan and vegeterian. Everything is fresh and produced in house unless otherwise stated in which we then source locally.
Reviewed 19 June 2014

You will love the staff's passion for healthy, organic, vegetarian food. But the Meat dishes are great as well. Try the black pudding (local produce), veggie breakfast with haloumi cheese or chili non carne. The drinks are all well balanced to go with the food, desserts wonderful... But especially the no-stress welcome and homeliness.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I've been here many times and every time it's absolutely brilliant - fresh delicious food, warm homely atmosphere and great service. Today I had the pomegranate and black pudding salad which looked beautiful and tasted even better, followed by gingerbread with orange syrup - rich and flavoursome. All the menus are excellent and creative so whatever time of day it is I would recommend dropping in!

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

After braving the cycle across the mountain from liscannor to doolin, we deserved a decent feed and where better to get it than the doolin cafe. Usually I go for the (incomparable) veggie breakfast but today I had the chilli con carne (as distinct from the chilli non carne) which was served with delicious home made chunky chips. The black pudding and pomegranate salad my friend had looked incredible also. We even treated ourselves to dessert (well, we did have to cycle back). Great service, delicious food and a relaxed atmosphere. We will be back for certain!

1  Thank Oaghty83
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I visited this cafe on a very busy weekend. Immediately felt welcome and although it was totally understaffed the excellent waitress managed to keep everyone happy.breakfast and coffee were so good we returned for lunch. Amazing crab claws and fish cake , super wine to accompany it too. A slow leisurely lunch, perfect for a relaxing afternoon in one of Ireland's beautiful costal villages.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was here for the doolin folk festival. The sunday was manic and the American waitress did her best to keep the café ticking over. I got the impression they needed more staff etc. As we waited so long the breakfast was on the house, the veggie breakfast is amazing. Lovely place - nice outdoor seating. I am docking a point due to the 1hr plus wait but this was an exceptional incident due to the festival etc..