stayed here for one night, 9-20-12. arrived on a misty grey Irish day. The inn is very pretty with stunning views of the ocean and the cliffs of Moher. Ceclia was wonderful (as was everyone we encountered, helping us with our luggage etc) My room was nice with a shiny clean bathroom and a garden view. my 2 travel companions each rec'd upgrades ( I booked in Jan and Ceclia was kind enough to upgrade us) one had a room with a four poster bed and a stunning ocean view , and the other rec"d a huge suite. Beds were comfy and breakfast in the lovely dinning room were great. also got a tour of the castle ruins , that made our day.
I would recommend this charming country house.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ballinalacken Castle Hotel Doolin is one of the leading Castle Hotels Ireland with views of Cliffs of Moher. This Clare Hotel has an award winning restaurant and is the best place to eat in Doolin. It would be difficult to find a more beautiful place on the West Coast of Ireland in which to wake up. The Ballinalacken has been described in the press as one of the finest located houses in Europe. Our guest rooms offer spectacular panoramic views of the Aran Islands, the Cliffs of Moher and Galway Bay. A 15th Century Castle ruin of the O'Brien Clan stands imposingly beside the Ballinalacken Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Ballinalacken Castle Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballinalacken Castle Country House Hotel Doolin
- Ballinalacken Castle Country Hotel
- Ballinalacken Castle Country Doolin