My sister and I shared a clean and nicely appointed twin room for a one-night stay here. We arrived at dinner hour and were immediately seated in the dining room. The food was excellent both at dinner and at breakfast the next morning (I ordered the fruit pancakes which turned out to be light crepes with a fruit filling - excellent). I could not access WiFi from the room and needed to use a common area, so I sat in the bar for awhile... it was quiet the night we were there and a comfy spot to sit. There is also a pleasant parlor with a fire going in the fireplace.
The castle ruins on the site are marked as "no trespassing," so we got close enough just to take a photo. I see in an earlier post that someone else got a tour of the ruins from the property owner - I wish we had thought to ask for that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ballinalacken Castle Hotel Doolin is one of the leading Castle Hotels Ireland with views of Cliffs of Moher. This Clare Hotel has an award winning restaurant and is the best place to eat in Doolin. It would be difficult to find a more beautiful place on the West Coast of Ireland in which to wake up. The Ballinalacken has been described in the press as one of the finest located houses in Europe. Our guest rooms offer spectacular panoramic views of the Aran Islands, the Cliffs of Moher and Galway Bay. A 15th Century Castle ruin of the O'Brien Clan stands imposingly beside the Ballinalacken Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Ballinalacken Castle Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballinalacken Castle Country House Hotel Doolin
- Ballinalacken Castle Country Hotel
- Ballinalacken Castle Country Doolin