My husband and his mother picked the Ballinalacken Castle for the great views it advertised. I was sadly disappointed with the extremely high price and the lace of view- we had to press up against the window to barely see more than a farm field. The ruins which appear to be on the property for guests to visit are actually next door with a big 'no trespassing' sign and gate blocking the view of it. My breakfast (plain eggs) came out tasting like vinegar. On top of that, we left the do not disturb sign on the door for the day only to return to find they had made up the room, moving things I had left out on the bed and in the bath room and opened the windows (first floor ground access). I was very unhappy to know a stranger had handled my pajamas and toothbrush! Do NOT DISTURB means don’t come in, right?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ballinalacken Castle Hotel Doolin is one of the leading Castle Hotels Ireland with views of Cliffs of Moher. This Clare Hotel has an award winning restaurant and is the best place to eat in Doolin. It would be difficult to find a more beautiful place on the West Coast of Ireland in which to wake up. The Ballinalacken has been described in the press as one of the finest located houses in Europe. Our guest rooms offer spectacular panoramic views of the Aran Islands, the Cliffs of Moher and Galway Bay. A 15th Century Castle ruin of the O'Brien Clan stands imposingly beside the Ballinalacken Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Ballinalacken Castle Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballinalacken Castle Country House Hotel Doolin
- Ballinalacken Castle Country Hotel
- Ballinalacken Castle Country Doolin