We booked this online as a one night stay near the Cliffs of Moher and Doolin. My wife and I enjoyed the stay and would like to return for a longer one. The hotel has a bit of charm with the ancient castle house out back, and getting a private tour of the castle was a highlight. More than that, however, the room was comfortable, there is a small pub, and the owner and staff were fun to talk to. The restaurant offered remarkably good food- very fresh and well presented meals, so you don't have to leave the hotel to go for dinner. Also if you want to walk (or run like I did!) a pathway through the Burren, this is a good starting point. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ballinalacken Castle Hotel Doolin is one of the leading Castle Hotels Ireland with views of Cliffs of Moher. This Clare Hotel has an award winning restaurant and is the best place to eat in Doolin. It would be difficult to find a more beautiful place on the West Coast of Ireland in which to wake up. The Ballinalacken has been described in the press as one of the finest located houses in Europe. Our guest rooms offer spectacular panoramic views of the Aran Islands, the Cliffs of Moher and Galway Bay. A 15th Century Castle ruin of the O'Brien Clan stands imposingly beside the Ballinalacken Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Ballinalacken Castle Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballinalacken Castle Country House Hotel Doolin
- Ballinalacken Castle Country Hotel
- Ballinalacken Castle Country Doolin