Stayed here for one night and the location is a great base for touring the Cliffs of Moher, The Burren and Lahinch. The country house is old-style and has a certain charm. Our room was nice but had a slight musty smell. Our bed was large and comfortable and we had a great night's sleep. We had a drink in the bar which lacked atmosphere on the night we were there and could certainly do with piped music. We can't comment on the castle ruins as unfortunately, we did not have tour. However, we dined in the restaurant and had a meal to die for ... probably the best food we ever experienced during a hotel stay and the breakfast was very good also. Stay here if you enjoy old style but even if you choose somewhere else to stay in the area of Doolin, book a table at Ballinlacken Castle Country House, you certainly are in for a treat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ballinalacken Castle Hotel Doolin is one of the leading Castle Hotels Ireland with views of Cliffs of Moher. This Clare Hotel has an award winning restaurant and is the best place to eat in Doolin. It would be difficult to find a more beautiful place on the West Coast of Ireland in which to wake up. The Ballinalacken has been described in the press as one of the finest located houses in Europe. Our guest rooms offer spectacular panoramic views of the Aran Islands, the Cliffs of Moher and Galway Bay. A 15th Century Castle ruin of the O'Brien Clan stands imposingly beside the Ballinalacken Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Ballinalacken Castle Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballinalacken Castle Country House Hotel Doolin
- Ballinalacken Castle Country Hotel
- Ballinalacken Castle Country Doolin