My husband and I just returned from a fabulous trip to Ireland. The highlight was by far Ballinalacken Castle Hotel. The surroundings of the country house, perched on a hill on the old castle grounds overlooking the Cliffs of Moher and Aran Islands, could not have been more idyllic. The fact that the hotel was not an authentic castle was a nonissue. The ruins of the old castle are still standing and the owners are happy to give you a tour, so it feels extremely authentic. The rooms were lovely although the beds could have been more comfortable. Ballinalacken was a great base to explore the Cliffs, Aran Islands, the Burren, the Doolin pubs, and much more if you have time. The owners were so gracious and helped plan excursions in the area. They even upgraded our room when there was extra space in the hotel. Ballinalacken is a great deal for the money and the highlight of any trip to Ireland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ballinalacken Castle Hotel Doolin is one of the leading Castle Hotels Ireland with views of Cliffs of Moher. This Clare Hotel has an award winning restaurant and is the best place to eat in Doolin. It would be difficult to find a more beautiful place on the West Coast of Ireland in which to wake up. The Ballinalacken has been described in the press as one of the finest located houses in Europe. Our guest rooms offer spectacular panoramic views of the Aran Islands, the Cliffs of Moher and Galway Bay. A 15th Century Castle ruin of the O'Brien Clan stands imposingly beside the Ballinalacken Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Ballinalacken Castle Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballinalacken Castle Country House Hotel Doolin
- Ballinalacken Castle Country Hotel
- Ballinalacken Castle Country Doolin