Steyed here around 3 weeks ago(where does the time go?!). The hotel sits in it's own grounds with the most fantastic views towards Doolin, the ocean & the cliffs.
We found the owner & the staff to be very friendly & we were given a little tour of the castle one morning (fab views from the top, not for the feint of heart!).
We had dinner there one night, which was very nice, with views from the double window.
Overall, highly recommended. Only negative, decor could probably do with a refresh in the bedrooms, but as we had such a lovely stay, I'm being picky.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ballinalacken Castle Hotel Doolin is one of the leading Castle Hotels Ireland with views of Cliffs of Moher. This Clare Hotel has an award winning restaurant and is the best place to eat in Doolin. It would be difficult to find a more beautiful place on the West Coast of Ireland in which to wake up. The Ballinalacken has been described in the press as one of the finest located houses in Europe. Our guest rooms offer spectacular panoramic views of the Aran Islands, the Cliffs of Moher and Galway Bay. A 15th Century Castle ruin of the O'Brien Clan stands imposingly beside the Ballinalacken Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Ballinalacken Castle Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballinalacken Castle Country House Hotel Doolin
- Ballinalacken Castle Country Hotel
- Ballinalacken Castle Country Doolin