Ballinalacken Castle Country House
Doolin House(Doolin)
King Thomond Hotel(Lisdoonvarna)
Hotel Doolin(Doolin)
View Hotel
All reviewsfour poster bedprivate tourthe owneraran islandspersonal tourfavorite hotelcounty clarehoneymoon suiteocean viewfabulous foodbreakfast and dinnersitting areashort drivehighly recommend staying hereirish hospitalitylarge roomwest coast of ireland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 September 2010

Steyed here around 3 weeks ago(where does the time go?!). The hotel sits in it's own grounds with the most fantastic views towards Doolin, the ocean & the cliffs.

We found the owner & the staff to be very friendly & we were given a little tour of the castle one morning (fab views from the top, not for the feint of heart!).

We had dinner there one night, which was very nice, with views from the double window.

Overall, highly recommended. Only negative, decor could probably do with a refresh in the bedrooms, but as we had such a lovely stay, I'm being picky.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2010

Having been in Co Waterford and Co Kerry we moved up the coast to Co Clare. Ballinalacken Castle Hotel is just north of Doolin which boasts three great pubs each with a reputation for fantastic Irish music. The castle lies on the edge of The Burren a unique limestone landscape with plenty of archaeological interest so there was plenty to do by day and night. There are also some lovely beaches nearby.
The hotel was very comfortable with the best bed of the six I slept in during our twelve days in Ireland. Breakfast was good as was the evening meal but we preferred to eat in Doolin and enjoy the music.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2010

The staff were friendly and the rooms clean but small. I would call them cozy. The restaurant served very good food but is quite pricey. The location is good although you really need a car to get there. The scenery around is gorgeous and there is castle in the back yard!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2010

I stayed only two nights. I arrived 9am after being awake for 24 hours. Cecelia was preparing breakfast but took the time to have my room readied early so I could have a rest. The whole experience was fabulous, food was excellent! Dennis tended bar and was a delight to talk with. I had a view of the Cliffs of Mohr from my room. After I checked out Declan took me on a tour of the Castle that was wonderful. If you are in County Clare you must pay this place a visit.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank rogerkirby
Reviewed 26 August 2010

When we planned our trip to Ireland for our 40th wedding anniversary we were looking for that special place with historic atmosphere, comfortable elegance, and a romantic feel, but with a more personal touch than the typical Castle Hotels. We found it all at Ballinalacken, plus a few extras! The minute we arrived on the grounds we were enchanted. The staff made us feel very special and did everything to be sure that we were totally happy. I especially loved the lovely 4-poster bedroom in the old part of the house, the gorgeous public areas, and the surrounding countryside with the most fantastic sunset. Dining was especially delicious and they were so acommodating with evey aspect of their service. After dinner we were given a private tour of the old castle and climbed to the very top to watch the sun set on truly the best view in Ireland! If you are looking for a very special experience, you'll enjoy your stay at this fantastic find.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple