“Wonderful food; great location for music”

The Riverside Bistro
Ranked #9 of 26 Restaurants in Doolin
Price range: US$11 - US$21
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
New York., NY
“Wonderful food; great location for music”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We were wonderfully surprised at the quality of the food in this restaurant perched between two of the classic music pubs in the town of Doolin. The service was quick, and the kitchen turned out tasty versions of broiled fish, chicken nuggets and fries, and seafood chowder. The restaurant was crowded with locals and tourists, so obviously a place that many return to. Please go!

Visited August 2014

Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent service, good food”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

A recent dinner here was an unexpected delight. Our servers were not just well-informed about the menu but were witty, charming and attentive to myself and my friend.
Both my friend and I had the mussels to start which were excellent. She had a craft beer and I had a glass of Pinot Grio (both excellent).
My main course of shellfish in filo pastry was undercooked - a situation which was dealt with exceptionally well by the restaurant manager - and so instead I ordered a salmon dish which was good alternative.
A good meal, but not an excellent one. Made up for by excellent service.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank FreshEire A
“Great food and wine.....two nights in a row!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The pub was full so we wandered into the riverside bistro on night 1 of our stay in Doolin and what a great move that was. All dishes presented were terrific but I could not help having the salmon both nights....it was absolutely delicious. The wine was great and the service was quick and with plenty of smiles.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Merryn26
Atlanta
“Nice Alternative to the Pun Food”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed the laid-back, relaxing atmosphere as soon as we entered. Our service was pleasant and helpful. My wife enjoyed being able to sit down and order a glass of win in calm atmosphere. The food was mixed. The kebabs I had were on the dry side but my wife's meal was delicious and my daughter enjoyed the fish. Definitely worth a try.

Limerick, Ireland
“Wonderful food, nice setting.”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Relaxing welcoming meal. Food was fantastic as was the atmosphere. The restaurant itself was very cosy & the seafood dishes were very fresh & delicious. Not the cheapest of dining experiences but well worth the money anyway.

Visited September 2013