“Good location with bad vibes”

Riverfield House B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Doolin
Riverfield House B&B
Ranked #49 of 56 Doolin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed there for one night-me and my friend(both preg ladies. The house is located centrally which is a plus. The rooms are neat, beds comfy enough, tea/coffee facilities hidden well as if you werent supposed to use them..The house is full of weird notices like "Good morning let the stress begin" and "Some guests bring joy as they leave" etc- not a v nice ambience. The owner seemed awkward when taking order for breakfast, I felt like if she wasnt happy we wanted to eat at all! The worst came at the end- we have checked out and went for a few hrs trip. On the way back we wanted to have a tea in the pub situated just opposite the B&B. As the car park was full and the spaces in front of this B&B was empty we decided to leave our car there. We tried to look for the owner to ask but she wasnt anywhere around. Went to eat a soup, after 30 mins we came back to our car and the owner literally attacked us giving out we were trespassing. I said- but we stayed here today, she kept giving out, really rude, and walked away when i was still talking to her. I would not go back to that place- you can get a fab treatment and a much nicer rooms for same price in Doolin!

Room Tip: I would not go back there, there is no positive energy in this place!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anna19_80_01

Reviewed 26 April 2013

Initial impressions were good. Nice house spacious clean rooms, very welcoming host. Then I started to see notices pinned up it seemed everywhere, take your shoes off, guests only in rooms kick out time etc. Towels were very thin and even threadbare. Supplied toiletries can only be described as minimal.
The" guest lounge" appeared to be mainly for show contrasting a set fire place that looked as if it had ever been lit in it's life, an old styleTV that could not get any channel connected to an equally old video player(didn't realise any still exsisted)
The heating never came on, the owner just told us it was on a time switch and would be on in a few minutes, it didn't the room remained cold. We discovered the next morning or heater had been turned off by a previous guest

The home is in a great location very central, the beds were very comfortable and well equipped with bed linen, just as well as it was the only way to get warm. There is wifi which works well. Breakfast was excellent
Overall a bit disappointing after what we have experienced at other similar priced b&bs in Ireland

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barry W
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Doolin is a picturesque town with great pubs for food and music. Our stay included a visit with Catrina at Riverfield House B&B. Her home is lovely, the breakfast was fabulous. And Catrina was warm and welcoming!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My wife and I and our 7 adult children and spouse just finished a 9 day tour and adventure to Ireland. We asked the kids for spots they like to see and one of our musician sons said Doolin. Wow, what a pick. The pick became even better after we arrive Riverside House and met Catrina. Wow again. An Irish welcome from beginning to the end. Couldn't be more gracious and accommodating. Our best night might have been walking at night in the rain to the unique pubs with their great music. Great room, great food and clean clean clean

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank burrcat
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We spent two nights there, got great advice on where to go for daytrips and where to eat for dinner. Very friendly owner, clean ensuite room, great breakfast choices. We can recommend this B&B to anyone who wants to go to the Cliffs of Moher, Shannon airport (1hr drive) or the Burren.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Stayed twice, accomodations were en suite one time and shared bath the other. Always clean, accomodating, gracious and more like an aunt than someone I was doing business with. She treated me like family and called me "one of our own" when I told her I was there doing family research and gave her my family surname (Clohessey).
The food was good, the location spectacular and walking distance to some of the best, old fashioned, good Irish music I have ever heard. You get your money's worth staying in Doolin anyway, they have the best amateur musicians I was to find anywhere in the country.
Well worth every penny you have to pay to stay with Catriona. Best host I had in Ireland.
(I sayed a few years ago but this survey only goes back 12 months)

Room Tip: En suite is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Great Location. Friendly owner . Nice big clean comfy rooms with en suite. Breakfast was tasty and plenty.Stayed two nights wish we could of stayed longer.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends