Doolin Hostel
Doolin House(Doolin)
Priceline
  • Restaurant
King Thomond Hotel(Lisdoonvarna)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscontinental breakfastbunk bedsensuite roomfamily roomthe ownergreat place to stayaran islandsyogurtstay there againthe location is perfectthe pubthe cliffsitting roomlive musicanthonydormmoher
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The beds at this hostel are comfortable and the entire property is kept to a very clean standard. Although the hostel rooms are spread between two buildings, each building has its own kitchen and living room/dining room areas and is securely locked. There is a good breakfast every morning (full of carbs, no real protein or fresh fruit/veggies) that will keep you full until lunch, and it is included in the very reasonable room price.

My only complaint is that there was nowhere to keep our luggage in the 6-person room so we kept it locked in the trunk of our rental car the entire time. This was my first stay in a hostel so I do not know if the lack of luggage/secure area is common.

Room Tip: Pillows, sheets, and blankets are provided but not towels. Make sure you bring your own towel!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kandis P
DoolinHostel, Owner at Doolin Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Kandis
Great to hear you enjoyed your first say in a Hostel and found our beds so comfortable in the six bed dormitory. We use a multi lock locking system for the bedrooms and at the moment we do not have lockers in our dormitory but this will be rectified when the room gets refurbished during renovations this winter.

All our private rooms come with towels and they are available to rent for €1.00 at reception if you are staying in a dormitory.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We visitied Doolin to hike the Cliffs of Moher and to continue our journey to Aran Island. We really liked the friendly service of the hostel and the best breakfast of our whole trip. Besides - in our 6 bed room was no place to store any luggage, and as there were not night lights, we were falling over luggage pieces at night coming back home. Additionally showres were ok, but hot water was not at all times available.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jasmin

Thank you for you review and feedback and great to hear you enjoyed our healthy continental breakfast buffet so much. We are aware of the luggage issue in the dorm you stayed in and all going well at the end of the season we will be refurbishing this dormitory and thanks for letting us know about the hot water. There should be 24 hour hot water and I have adjusted the boiler clocks accordingly so this should rectify the problem.

Anthony

Reviewed 15 August 2014

This feels like a mini hotel.The owners put great good energy into their establishment.Little touches like soap in the hot showers and the generous breakfast "'buffet"included in room price are not gone unnoticed.The staff are the sweetest.Miles apart from most souless backpackers.This place has a heart.And I hope the owners get back as much as they give.

Room Tip: the bunk beds top and bottom are very close together so get a free standing bed if this bothers you
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
DoolinHostel, Owner at Doolin Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

It was great to read your review this morning and I will pass you thanks on to all the guys as it is always appreciated.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and hopefully see you again some time.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

A truly enjoyable stay here for 5 days, was the start of my trip in Ireland and it couldn't have been better. This is an extremely well run hostel with owners and employees who go the extra mile to make you feel welcomed and comfortable. Many thanks to Anthony & Deirdre and their trustful right hand-man, David. (I hope I have the names right) These gentlemen assisted me with enough information to keep me happily busy for 5 days. I absolutely loved my stay in Doolin. The locals...especially John Sharry, the local tyre man and Donie Garrihy, the director of the Doolin Aran Ferries were a treat to meet. I am planning a return trip in November and hopefully there will be a place for me at this wonderful hostel again! Until we meet again...Slán Abhaile

Room Tip: I was in a dorm with 5 other women...sorry can't help here.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Kathy

It was great to have you stay with us for the week and thanks for the photos on our facebook timeline, has the golden egg hatched yet?
I meet Donnie during the week and he sends on his regards.
it would be a pleasure to have you back in the Autumn, we will be open until mid November, then we close for more renovations and will be reopening again in mid February 2015.

Doolin Hostel

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I recently stayed in Doolin Hostel for several days & enjoyed it immensely! Anthony and his family are wonderful hosts -- offering hot breakfast in the morning, tips on places to see, relaxed conversations over tea, fresh scones at midday -- too many good things to list. My room was charming, overlooking pastures of grazing cows and horses. I hope to return to Doolin Hostel at some point in the future, I'm hooked!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear June

It was a delight to have you and your friends stay with us for the week and it was a true pleasure to have you stay, we enjoyed our chats and look after you all. I hope you all had a safe trip back to Lake Tahoe.