“Delicious”

Chervil Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 25 Restaurants in Doolin
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A Place to Dine and a place to indulge yourself.Formerly South Sound Restaurant, the newly refurbished "Chervil Restaurant" serves a superb fusion of Modern Irish and European cuisine and is rapidly establishing itself as one of the finest restaurants along the coastline of Clare.Our Food PhilosophyHere at Hotel Doolin we have a passion for delivering original wholesome and inventive food, wherever possible using local produce, organic and homemade, homegrown ingredients. We keep our own ducks and hens and grow as much of our herbs, salads, vegetables and fruit on site in our gardens and poly-tunnel. North Clare is a haven for foodies with a raft of independent, artisan producers. We are blessed to be surrounded by such an abundance of suppliers of quality produce and enjoy putting their produce on a plate and delivering it to you, our guest.
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Huge complements to the chef - almost all 16 of us remarked that all 3 courses were delicious when we ate in this restaurant last Saturday night - I'd nearly have travelled back down again the next day for another salmon main course, and some more of that banoffi pie!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

lovely restaurant, nice outside area, waitress could not be faulted, very friendly and accommodating unfortunately the food was the worst food we have ever had. we had booked the chervil as a special occasion months in advance for my parents 40th wedding anniversary, there were 10 of us. arrival was excellent and like i said the waitress was lovely. our starters were nice but unfortunately. half of us had finished ours before the other were served. the main meal arrived before id swallowed my last mouthful, which was not good, again the mains came out in dribs and drabs, now where to start, out of the 10 meals served only 1 was faultless. 2 went back and never came back out. leeks were rock hard, ribeye was either over cooked and tough as old boots or just a slab of fat. sauce missing from salmon.cold vegetables, carrot's were black on end. side orders arrived 25 minutes after mains. grease proof paper found underneath chicken. the list was endless. i must point out that sophie our waitress was most embarrassed and apologetic that our special occasion had been ruined. we gladly received a full refund of 400 euros. we were told that the chef that runs that menu did not work until 5pm and this is why is was so bad... no excuse, as we were offered that menu.i would certainly not recommend.

3  Thank helana22
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My friend and I needed a break from pub food, so we were really excited to run into this restaurant. Great waitress, she went next door to get us cocktails from Fitz's bar. The food was flavorful and delicious.

Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

Really nice meal. Good quality food. Great service. Excellent "home" brew. Not cheap even given Irish prices.

1  Thank MrW777
Reviewed 18 June 2013

For the price of the menu myself and my girlfriend were less than impressed with Chevril. We were seated and told to expect a slight delay as the kitchen was catering for an event that was going on next door at the same time. Whilst I appreciate that the kitchen may have been busy there was no excuse for the standard of food that came out to greet us.

I ordered the pigs trotter for starter, which came out in the most confusing mish-mash of random ingredients. The trotter, half a salad, some onion chutney, 5 frozen big prawns (billed as langoustines) and 2 hard boiled quail's eggs..all a bit bland and thrown together. My girlfriend had the "langoustine" risotto, again 5 or 6 sneaky prawns letting on to be big lads, didn't fool us. Not a fresh langoustine turned up to the ball.

Onto the main where my girlfriend ordered a rare steak, RARE she said, I was there and I heard her loud and clear. Well the steak that came out was like a welly boot, cooked through. Not even passable as medium. No excuse for that lads, it's a fairly simple thing to make a balls of.

I ordered the monkfish, which again came over-done. It was dry and tough which is a pity as I was looking forward to it, and again, a fairly simple thing to get wrong. The most likely explanation is that the food was par-boiled as they were catering for 2 events at one time. The veg was under-cooked and really hard, which is such a simple thing to get wrong, day 1 stuff.

We went for a dessert to share to try and save the meal. We got a 'chocolate bomb' which was fairly unremarkable. Overall, a fairly dreadful meal, we complained about the steak and the staff were polite and apologetic but when you're paying €20+ for a main course you expect a decent meal.

Nice wine and nice bread was about the height of it. I won't be back, my girlfriend would probably go back because she's a lush and drank most of the wine.

1  Thank Eamon M