Review Highlights
MUST DO!

I spent two weeks in Ireland and this might have been the best thing I did the entire time. I... read more

Reviewed yesterday
MeghanSTL
Fabulous views, educational, inspiring story on origin of the walk

We met up with our group of ~25 folks across the street from O'Connor's Pub in Doolin. Pat... read more

Reviewed 4 November 2018
MT1
Aurora, Colorado

Recommended experiences in and around Doolin
from US$34.80
from US$58.00
from US$29.00
from US$34.80
More Info
All reviews pat sweeney visitor center highlight of our trip hiking shoes walking tour local farmers hour hike bring water o'connor's pub his passion an absolute great walk grew up fear of heights breathtaking views ireland trip wonderful guide
Reviewed 3 October 2018

We took a guided cliff walk with Pat Sweeney. We meet outside of O'Connors in Doolin and hike up hills to the cliff and walk along them 1 or so kilometers past the Cliffs of Moher Visitor's Center. He keeps a fast pace and there are hills so you need to be in shape. You climb fences, get sprayed by waterfalls in the wind and see the cliffs while wandering through pastureland. It's a great adventure - especially when the wind is howling!

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

This is a site not to be missed. Windy and misty at times, yet a must. Quite a walk up, but doable. The walking paths are safe and allow easy access. Or, if you are a daredevil you can risk the walk on the other side of the barrier for an amazing photo op!

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed 1 October 2018

What an amazing experience. I am so glad I walked to the cliffs instead of driving or taking a tour bus and walking the top. I'm older & not in the best shape so I won't lie, there were some rough patches for me. Patrick Sweeney, the guide, is a local farmer and grew up along the cliffs. The scenery all along the walk was unspoiled breathtaking nature. It can be a little scary, in a good way. You look over those cliffs & you know what will happen if you're not respectful & mindful of where you step. You will see things on the walk that you will miss if you drive or take a tour bus to the top. It cost 10 Euro per person to walk with Pat & then another 5 Euro for the bus back down. This was a great experience & I'm so glad I did the hike.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Local farmer Pat Sweeney who instigated the Cliff Walk trail is an excellent guide as his passion for his local area abounds. Learn some history, geography, local tales on this wonderful 8km adventure hike. Away from the tourists during the walk the views are spectacular. Thanks Pat.

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

We went a quarter mile past north flag pole. Round trip from Gus O’Conner’s was 5.5 miles with elevation of 450 feet. Trail is easy-moderate to navigate as long as you can step up, step across, and handle some muddy areas. We would go again and take it even farther into Cliffs of Moher.