“Warm and Welcoming”
Review of Kate's Place B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Doolin
Kate's Place B&B
Ranked #10 of 54 Doolin B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Warm and Welcoming”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We truly enjoyed staying at Kate's. We were welcomed and had a great time visiting with Kate's sweet and delightful family. The rooms were comfortable and cozy with all the comforts of home. Breakfast was fantastic! Thank you Kate and Charles for providing a terrific place to stay. I only wish we could have stayed longer!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Margaret B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Amberg, Germany
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in early April and all I can say is wow! It was all about feeling at home. Kate and Charles were in constant contact with me prior to the visit answering any questions I had and even getting breakfast supplies for my wife's gluten allergy. They were out of the country the weekend we were there for a brothers wedding and had their amazing cousin Eimhin take care of us. This is definitely a family business and you can tell the whole family loves what they do. The service doesn't stop with the B&B, they seem to know everyone in the area and will assist you with getting any plans you need set up. Tony, the driver they set us up with to pick us up at the airport was incredible and went out of his way to help us out for the duration of our trip (even picking me up and driving to the ATM out of town for no charge). We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Vancouver
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Without a doubt the best B and B I have stayed in. kate and Charles are wonderful hosts and understand how to exceed all expectations. From greeting to departure they are keen to assist in making your trip to Ireland educated and comfortable. To top things off we forgot a cardigan at their home and they are mailing out of country back to us. A must stay!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vanman17
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed there a week with my boyfriend during the summer 2013.
It was fabulous.
Kate is so welcoming. She's always with the smile ! Charles is a very good cooker, you will notice! We loved his homemade-scones ! And he loves Irish music :) What about Lily ? She is so gorgeous, isn't she ?
Everything that we needed was provided in the room. It was also very clean.
Doolin is a peaceful place ! We felt very confortable in this village !
We can't wait to be back in Ireland!
If you're coming in Ireland, please do just a little thing, go to Kate's place B&B. You won't be disappointed. Thanks Kate, Lily and Charles

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CloeCapone
Concord, California
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed here in July 2013 for 2 nights. Kate, Charles, and Lily were so great I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Doolin. The room was spacious but not too large. It was very cozy. Enough room for all my luggage(which was a lot) and the bathroom was HUGE. Yes, the bathroom is very large so that was a plus. Breakfast was amazing, fresh fruit, tea, pancakes, really good syrup(which not every B&B I stayed at had) and fresh baked scones. Just ask Kate's mom's doggie Georgie...he stole some. Lol, man I loved that dog. I was so homesick for mine it was so nice to sneak over to her mom's place across the way and play with him. Kate and Charles were just so sweet and welcoming. They went above and beyond for us. The only thing I will give as a critique is that the T.V. in the room was a small older one but as I brought my Mac it didn't really matter to me. Hey, you're in Ireland so you shouldn't be watching a lot anyways. I will be back hopefully next summer, this time with my sister and friends. I'd give more stars if I could...stay here, you won't regret it!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shala M
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Kate could not have been more welcoming! She is a delightful person to talk with and we enjoyed our stay. The rooms - we had two - were comfortable and well appointed. We met new friends in Kate's common room and enjoyed their company at the local pub that evening. If your travels bring you to Doolin, stay with Kate!

Room Tip: Quiet street makes every room ideal.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank George R
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My wife, Elizabeth, and I had the privilege of staying at Kate's Place during the first week of September. We were in Ireland for our honeymoon and Doolin was our last stop before heading home. Kate and Charles could not have been more welcoming and gracious during our stay. They are both just such wonderful and kind people. Kate was very helpful in recommending local places, as well as music (Socks in the Frying Pan were awesome!) and did her best to make us feel very comfortable. She even provided us with flashlights for our walk back at night. We had an incredibly early departure and she was willing to get up early just to see if we wanted breakfast. Speaking of breakfast, it was outstanding.We highly recommend this bed and breakfast. Cannot wait to return! Oh and make sure you ask Kate to sing for you!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple