“Foolin' in Doolin' ”

Ranked #8 of 25 Restaurants in Doolin
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Set in beautiful surroundings The Ivy Cottage offers indoor or outdoor seating. Famous for our fresh fish and hand cut chips we also offer sweet and savoury snacks and a great range of deserts. We serve freshly ground coffee and have a great range of teas. Join us soon for a best of the best locally caught fish and local produce.
“Foolin' in Doolin' ”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I went there with my boyfriend after we did the coastal walk from doolin to the cliffs of Moher. It was such a reward to get to eat the freshly prepared food on the lovely terrasse. The peppers and goat cheese was amazing ! As well the scone with the homemade jam. The tenants were very nice too. Bref, If you go do Doolin you have to make a stop at the ivy cottage !

2 Thank SierraPandora

• Polish first
Prescott, Arizona
“Great food”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The couscous is not to be missed. The quiche is really good. The tea is well made. The only bad item I had was the coffee, a very watered down drink.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quaint Ivy Cottage with tasty homemade food!”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Traditional Irish food can be pretty filling. The Ivy Cottage was a nice find for a lighter meal, I had a spicy tomato soup and my husband had seafood chowder. They do have homemade desserts, lovely coffee and teas, but that wasn't what we were looking for; many others were!

You could easily miss this place, but our host pointed it out to us. I'm glad he did!

Visited October 2013
“Yummy food”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Excellent Seafood chowder and yummy cakes. Staff very friendly. A little expensive but very nice food.

1 Thank Ciara R
Raleigh/Durham/Cary
“Cute store, good quality and prices”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I had shopped in Dublin, Galway, Killarney, and Dingle, but The Ivy Cottage was among my favorite places to shop. More important, it was among my wife's favorite places to shop!! They carried good quality things, at prices we found to be very reasonable. It's definitely worth stopping in to see them.

1 Thank garyincary