“OUTSTANDING! The best in Ireland.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Doolin
Emohruo Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 53 Doolin B&B and Inns
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“OUTSTANDING! The best in Ireland.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

By far our biggest mistake was not spending more time with Margaret. This was the best B&B of the 8 we visited during our 11 day stay in Ireland. We adopted Margaret and are planning our next visit.....more time at the Emohruo B&B. Her genuine hospitality and knowledge of the local area are inimitable. Of course she knew the next B&B we would visit in Clifden. As far as we are concerned, she is THE expert on all things Ireland. We miss you Margaret!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Hebrew first
Ramstein, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Margaret greeted us warmly on our arrival with tea and hot chocolate for the kids. They enjoyed staying in their own room, each with their own beds. Margaret gave us recommendations for dinner and Irish music at the local pubs which was one of our favorite nights out in Ireland. The location is great - just a few minutes from the Cliffs of Moher and Doolin town. Breakfast was very good as well. Margaret has been doing this for a long time, you can tell!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Frankewing, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Of all the B and B's we stayed in while touring Ireland, well
none was more welcoming, more comforting, or more beautiful
than Emohruo B and B. The view is fantastic, her
hospitality non better, and the food was marvelous! Margaret,
when we return to Ireland we will definitely be staying at your place.

Your crazy friends from Tennessee, Joel & Janet McKissack

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

When I was originally seeking a B&B in Doolin, I was not sure where to stay. After reading some reviews on trip advisors, I realized the Emohruo B&B be wold be perfect. The reviews were true! Margaret was an amazing host. We called her the day we were going to arrive to let her know we might not make it until after 6PM. We wanted to take time in our drive and be able to stop when we wanted. She told us to take our time.

When we arrived she immediately offered us tea or coffee and we sat with her chatted. She made some great recommendations for the pubs in Doolin and even some of the other restaurants. She had our room all ready to go, and it was the perfect size and very clean.

Margaret's breakfasts were amazing! She was very accommodating if we wanted to make any substitutions and her homemade scones were the best!!!

We absolutely enjoyed every moment of our stay because our host, Margaret, made us feel right at home. My husband and I recommend Emohruo to anyone traveling to Doolin!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Westfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed our first night in Ireland here and there could not have been a better choice for us. Arriving from the U.S. on an early morning flight into Shannon, our rooms were ready so we could catch some sleep. (We drove through some of the Burrens on our way to Doolin). Before we went out touring in the afternoon (this is a perfect location for Cliffs of Moher), we had a nice cup of tea in the parlor. A young couple without a reservation came to the door and although Emohruo was booked, Margaret took the time to call other B&Bs for them. We also had a minor issue with our rental car and Margaret called the local mechanic's shop on our behalf. This was our first visit to Ireland with our with teens (and you know how hard it is to please teens!) and their words to describe Emohruo : very friendly, clean, nice bathrooms, comfortable, pretty horse, helpful, great breakfast (best scones EVER!), beautiful location...I want to move next door!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Our group stayed here in early November and had the place to ourselves. Margaret was lovely to deal with and saw to our every need. I had thoroughly muddied a pair of pants while hiking the Cliffs and she graciously offered to clean them and more impressively returned them spotless and pressed. Her breakfast was really amazing and offered lots of variety. She was pleasure to talk to and just a lovely person to deal with.

Room Tip: The rooms all seemed very nice...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Olive, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Scones. When I read the reviews of Doolin B & Bs, I read about Margaret's homemade scones and right there I decided that's where I wanted to stay on our first night in Ireland. We arrived late, but Margaret welcomed us in with big smiles and immediately I felt at home. We were traveling with a friend, so we had two rooms. Each was spotless! Our room, Margaret called it the previously Blue Room, was huge! A brand new bathroom equally large by en suite standards. We slept like the dead, it was so comfy. You can hear cows mooing in the distance, which I find lovely. The breakfast is like a restaurant would serve, only better. You have choices! Coffee was fresh and plentiful (I swear I had instant in two other b &bs) and my husband and our friend had the Irish breakfast both mornings and it was prepared with love. I don't usually eat oatmeal, but she made the best I've ever had! I wish I'd asked her if it was steel cut oats? Now to the scones: Margaret is an amazing baker. She works hard and it shows. The scones are large and flaky inside, but brown on the outside. I couldn't get enough and she sent us on our way the second morning with scones to go! Delicious even a day later in the back of the car! Margaret is friendly and will chat and makes you feel like she's glad you stayed. Don't get me wrong, almost everyone in Ireland is friendly, especially those in tourism, but she is like an old friend. She even lent me 100 euros because we were short of cash and wanted to go to the Aran Islands that day. Who does stuff like that? We went on to stay in Ballynahinch castle, two other b & bs and the Bewley Hotel in Dublin, but my favorite stay of all was with Margaret Carey!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 967Jan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doolin
Ballinalacken Castle Country House
Cliffs of Moher Hotel
Cliffs of Moher Hotel
#1 of 1 in Liscannor
Cahermaclanchy House B&B

Been to Emohruo Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!