“Love this hotel!”

GreenLeadersGold level
North Carolina
“Love this hotel!”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My husband and I have stayed here on three seperate trips to Ireland. Also, I am going back with my parents in May. There are so many wonderful things about this hotel. Our rooms have always been immaculately clean and quiet. The hotel staff are all very nice and accomodating as well. One of my favorite things is the food-it is fantastic! The full Irish breakfast is second to none and the dinners we had were also wonderful. The hotel connects to Fitz's pub, which is handy in the winter months when the weather is not cooperative and you don't want to walk outside :) The pub is cozy and has scrumptuous seafood chowder! They are lucky to have The Dooliner Beer brewed for them. I highly recommend getting a pint (or two) during your visit. The hotel is in a great location. You are simply a short drive to the Cliffs of Moher as well as The Burren. If traditional music is your thing, Doolin is THE place to be any night of the week. Any one of the pubs in town has fabulous live music. Hotel Doolin also hosts a traditional music fest in June and we were so lucky to have attended the first one last year. I really do recommend going- it was loads of fun!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank asnc76
Donal M, General Manager at Hotel Doolin, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear asnc76,

Thank you for you recent review of our hotel. I am very happy to see that you are a regular visitor, and enjoy coming to Hotel Doolin for immaculately clean rooms, nice and accommodating staff and 'fantastic' food.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally on your in May dminihane@hoteldoolin.ie

Donal Minihane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed here early January as we had won a voucher through work in a Christmas raffle. Made a booking through Raquel, Front Office Manager, which was effortless and all done very quickly and efficiently. We were also made to feel very welcome to Hotel from this moment before our stay began.

We arrive late on a Sunday Night and as the Hotel was quiet on this particular night, Reception was closed and we checked in through the Bar area. Although there was only one chap working and also had to attend to several patrons in the bar, he made use feel very welcome and checked us in without hassle whilst we enjoyed our complimentary Doolin Beers.

The room we were assigned was very spacious, clean and had a lovely view onto the Hotel courtyard where Ducks and Hens roamed freely in and around the herb garden. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom facilities were of a high standard.

We ate both Lunch and Dinner on the two days we stayed. This was of an excellent quality and of a reasonable price. The Chowder was exceptional, one of the best I've ever had and I live in Galway where the competition is tough. The bar offers a huge choice of Beers and Whiskeys. I would recommend Dooliner Beer, it is delicious. Service was excellent in the Bar. I believe it was the Bar Manager that checked us in and served our dinner the first night. An asset to the Hotel.

Breakfast was great. Huge variety served fresh from the Kitchen. The girl who served us was very friendly but not excessively for Morning time.

Overall a great stay and we shall be back in the Summer. Keep up the good work Hotel Doolin!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SunLovinCriminals
Dear SunLovinCriminals

Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted that you felt welcome to Hotel Doolin from the moment of booking, with a Failte Ireland Service Excellence award we pride ourself on our friendly service and I will make sure that Raquel and Miley receive your comments.

It is great to see that you enjoyed your meals in Fitz's Bar enough to dine 4 times during your stay with us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me when returning to Hotel Doolin dminihane@hoteldoolin.ie

Slan do Foill
Fairfield Glade, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We knew we had made a great choice the moment we walked in the door. The receptionist checked us in and walked us to our room and invited us back to the lobby's lounge area after we got settled in. We returned to the lobby and enjoyed the fire in the fireplace with mulled wine, sweets and pastries. The room was spacious and the free WiFi fast. The next morning's included breakfast was fabulous. Hope to stay here again next trip.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pttim
Dear Pttim,

Thank you for your recent review of Hotel Doolin. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us fro the moment you walked in the door and enjoyed a 'fabulous breakfast' the following morning.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if returning to Doolin dminihane@hoteldoolin.ie

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My family and I visted the Cliffs of Moher on December 30, 2013 and went onto Doolin for a night at the Hotel Doolin. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The lobby was warm and inviting with a modern fire place and lounge area. The front desk was able to check us in rapidly and then book us a taxi so we could go in to O'Connors for dinner. Then it was straigh back to Fitzpatricks bar in the hotel for some great craic including an amazing trad. The highlight of our stay was certainly days afterward when I found out I left my passport in the hotel dresser. The hotel staff was wonderful. With the help of Sara and Gretchen I was able to have my passport sent via courrier overnight to Dublin. Sara and Gretchen were kind, helpful and extremely efficient. They helped us with tracking numbers and followup. They are the main reason we will all return to the Hotel Doolin in the future. highly recommend this hotel! thanks again Hotel Doolin Stafff!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NibotJ
Donal M, General Manager at Hotel Doolin, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear NibotJ

Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted that you enjoyed a 'wonderful stay' at Hotel Doolin and had 'great craic' at the trad session in Fitz's Bar. I will make sure that Gretta & Sarah receive your comments. It is great to know that they were able to assist you efficiently with retrieving your passport.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if returning to the area dminihane@hoteldoolin.ie

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed Friday 27th and Saturday 28th December 2013.
Very pleasant and helpful evening receptionist Friday, and same person on duty am Saturday.
Had a bar snack on Friday after travelling, as the main restaurant was closed. Menu quite limited...not normally a problem, but it is when several items had "run out". Service fair.
(Hint...when restaurant operation is restricted, ensure all items advertised on bar menu,and in bedrooms, are available, and that tariff reflects changes)
Saturday decided to try breakfast in bed.... Bad mistake.
No salt/pepper on tray. No butter nor marmalade/jam, one teaspoon... for boiled eggs, coffee and tea! Soggy toast,.. as poached egg wasn't drained.
Obviously no supervision, poor training, management by abdication.
Advised receptionist of our experience.
Lobby area modern, inviting etc.
Bedroom spacious, clean, comfortable bed, decor good, TV good, en-suite bathroom good.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank john d
Donal M, General Manager at Hotel Doolin, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear John D,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are aware that our menu was limited during your stay, a large portion of our menu is fresh seafood. Over the Christmas period the area here was hit by some of the worse storms we have seen in the last half century, the fishing boats were not out and therefore no fresh fish was being landed, as I am sure you will recall- the items missing off the menu were seafood items. I am sorry this was not explained to you on the night, all servers had been informed to explain the situation but obviously this did not happen in your case. Thank you for bringing your room service breakfast issues to our attention . We will look at standards in this area to ensure this doesn't happen again. Once again, thank you for your feedback- we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Doolin in the future.

Best Regards

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

A group of us stayed New Year's Eve at this hotel. No problem checking in at about 1:30, rooms were ready. We walked from the cliffs of moher to doolin and the mulled wine in reception was lovely and warming after the walk. We ate in the bar and the food and service was excellent. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was fine with nice Voya products. Upon checkout we got presented with a lovely New Years present of chocolates. Will certainly be back

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Ger H

Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed an 'excellent New Year break.' The new Doolin Cliff Walk, now a feature on the Wild Atlantic Way is breathtaking, it is nice that you enjoyed mulled wine to warm you up on arrival in Hotel Doolin.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed with friends for one night. The front desk receptionist was very friendly. They had hot mulled juice and mince pies out. Very modern looking lobby and sitting area. Our room was spotless and spacious. Didn't have any problem sleeping at night time, very comfortable bed and well heated. Breakfast in the morning was large, fresh and delicious. Overall a very good stay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear JodeCam

Thank you for your recent review. I am glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us and found our receptionist very friendly, I will make sure to pass this on. It is nice to read that you mentioned our fresh and delicious breakfast. We use homegrown, locally sourced foods in all of our dishes and it is great to get this feedback.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if returning to Hotel Doolin dminihane@hoteldoolin.ie

Donal Minihane
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doolin
Ballinalacken Castle Country House
#1 of 1 in Ennistymon
Sheedy's Country House Hotel
Sheedy's Country House Hotel
#1 of 7 in Lisdoonvarna

Been to Hotel Doolin? Share your experiences!