“Response to previous posting”
Review of Pairc Lodge B & B

Pairc Lodge B & B
Ranked #25 of 53 Doolin B&B and Inns
limerick, ireland
“Response to previous posting”
Reviewed 19 April 2009

I was looking for another b&b in Doolin and I spotted a response to my posting about Pairc Lodge. Just to clarify. We were not met by one of the owner's children but a half-naked 20 year old Eastern Europen girl. I am Irish and I'm pretty sure this is not one of our traditions. You might not be bothered by a dog in the breakfast room but I think a black hair in your eggs might put you off just a little. Also I don't know if you were standing on a chair but the Cliffs of Moher are a good 10 miles away and not visible unless you can see through walls and hills. But if you could see them then God bless your eyesight!!

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paradisecafe

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 January 2009

I was a bit surprise at seeing such a bad review about Pairc Lodge here.

I actually found amusing some of the things the previous reviewer takes as annoying, but that's something personal of course. For instance, we were received by one of the owners' children too, but I find this cute rather than abusive or unfriendly.
Interestingly, this same thing happened in a different B&B in Doolin. A local tradition perhaps?

Same thing goes for the dog. I like dogs, and like them around. I must say that I didn't leave my room for breakfast so I can't give an opinion about that, but my partner commented that the dog was there too alright. I understand that some people don't like animals next to them when they are eating.

Also, I enjoy spending my time without many interruptions or signs of affection from the people running the place I stay, so I'm happy they were not around all the time. I didn't feel unwelcome because of this.

About facilities, it's true that we didn't have a kettle or a hair dryer but, after asking the owner, she prepared tea for us and gave us a hair dryer with no fuss.

The room itself was very nice, with wooden furniture and a nice view of The Cliffs of Moher. Everything seemed new and clean.

The communal area of the B&B was also nice and relaxing, with big windows and a comfortable couch.

Again, everybody has his own views. Personally, I found this a great place to stay.

• Liked — Wooden furniture and cosy bedrooms, nice views
  • Disliked — We could hear through the door when people was passing by
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank Lomedin
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 21 August 2007

I had a hard time finding lodging in Doolin because of the bank holiday weekend, but Rita had three rooms available for us (3 couples traveling together).
She asked us to tell her when we were going to arrive, and since we were driving all the way from Dublin that day, I told her a bit later, like 8 pm. No problems with that...until we didn't leave the Dublin area until after 7 pm. We called and said that we would be later than expected, and that was still not a problem. I was feeling bad, because I knew that this was a B&B, not a hotel with staff paid to stay up all night for wayward travelers. We finally arrived about 12:45, and were met by Rita's husband. He was extremely cordial, especially for being kept up for half the night.
We got settled in to 3 ground floor rooms. The beds were comfortable, and the rooms were very spacious. The bathroom was the largest I had on my entire trip, and extremely clean.
Breakfast the next morning was quite good. There was a selection of cereals; toast, tea, fresh fruit, coffee, yoghurt were brought to the table by Rita's quiet son.
We discovered that there was a nice sitting room just off the main entrance, and a stairwell to the rooms upstairs.
Rita offered to drive us to the ferry pier when we asked her about the distance for walking it, even though we had our own car. She gave us tips on the surrounding countryside, and commiserated with us over our friends leaving before 7 am to go golfing.
Overall, the grounds were nicely laid out, parking was easy in the drive, the building was quiet. We were in walking distance (between 5-10 minutes) to the Pier for the Aran Island ferries. We were very close to Fisherstreet, and O'Conner's pub and the shops there.
I highly recommend the Pairc Lodge, and would stay there again without hesitation.