“Great site, friendly and relaxed”

Croft Farm Water Park
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Just stayed at Croft Farm over the Easter bank holiday. This is our second stay and once again we would definitely return. We were three tents (all electric) camping in the top field next to the lake and the views are spectacular. I have to say that the toilets and showers are a little disappointing in this area. However the toilets are clean and they are adequate. A short walk to the other side of the campsite and the showers are excellent. We used the club house on the Sunday evening and although it was busy they dealt with a food order for nine quickly and the food was lovely and reasonably priced. Highly recommend the steak!

Location - it is beautiful but you can hear the motorway..didn't bother us though. Also visited Tewkesbury and Gloucester.

Just one little gripe, my daughter arrived 15 mins before check in time on to an empty pitch and was charged £5.00 early arrival time. We should have read the small print and waited to check in. We have never paid an early arrival charge before!!

Had a great time and look forward to coming back.

1  Thank martoniuk

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Just returned from an amazing weekend at Croft Farm Water park. We were a group of 2 small motorhomes and we were given a choice of areas to park up as we didn't need an electric hook up.
We found the staff to be extremely friendly, the facilities to be clean- even though catering for a large number of people. There was lots of open space for children to play and pitches were well spaced. Other campers respected the no noise late at night curfew and the whole weekend was a pleasure. (Dominos pizza even delivered to our pitch which was great on a rainy evening)
We would highly recommend this campsite - the only improvement we could see would be a little map showing the location of taps, loos etc
Thank you for a great weekend! :)

2  Thank crispycaron
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Relaxed, family friendly site with something to do and watch, whatever the weather. This Easter Sunday the weather wasn't good, but there were boats and windsurfers enjoying the lake. Have been a few times over the years the there is always something new being done on the site. This year one of the shower blocks was completely over hauled. There are ample shower blocks and have always found them to clean with plenty of hot water. The site is dog friendly with a large compound where you can let your dog off the lead for a good run around. There are poo bags and bins provided at various places around the site. The water sport facilities are good, with plenty of kit to hire and try out if you haven't got your own. Tuition is also available for all ages and abilities. There is a club on site with food and entertainment open weekends and there are also facilities you can hire for private functions, also pods you can hire if you don't want to pitch up yourself. This site like all sites has rules but here they are more relaxed and rely on us campers to use our common sense. what a great relaxing weekend can't wait for our next visit.

1  Thank jenners2014
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Just back from a 3 night stay. Easter holidays but nothing open in site other than canoe or boat hire.... Had to wait 20 minutes for confirmation then £45 later for half a days use.
Man in reception on arrival Sunday 13th very unhelpful and very miserable.
Toilets clean but only 2 showers? Fine while we were there but was very quiet.
Witnessed a boy aged about 8/9 bash his football on the head of a small duckling and kill it... Very distressing for the whole family. And why??? We had been feeding all 10 ducklings since we got there. Was anything done I doubt it.
Would I return....NO

1  Thank Michelle F
Martin N, Owner at Croft Farm Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Thank you for reviewing Croft Farm Water Park and your comment regarding the cleanliness of the toilets was much appreciated.

You suggest we have only two showers but this is not correct, in the area where you were camping, we have two in the female block and two in the male block. You may have noticed my plumber working, he was refurbishing a further four showers and these facilities were open ready for Easter. We also have 6 showers in our health and fitness centre and 14 showers available in our camping field making a total of 28 available to be used.

You mention the site was quiet and I take this to be a positive, I know we sited you on a hard standing pitch right by the lake so I am sure you enjoyed the lovely views looking out towards Bredon Hill. Unfortunately because the site was very quiet I could not justify opening the club house but we do have a pub right on the entrance to our site so I hope you were not too inconvenienced. All other facilities were open including our water sports centre and children’s play areas.

I know you were upset by the disgraceful action of one child staying on site, we ourselves do not tolerate cruelty to wildlife and I can assure you that when we found out my son did speak directly to the family concerned. I am not sure what else we could have done, we try hard to ensure that guests staying at Croft Farm behave with a modicum of respect but we cannot be responsible for every individual’s behaviour.

I believe it was my son that greeted you at reception and I am sorry you thought he was unhelpful and miserable, that certainly is a complete contrast to most reviews we receive. His wife has just given birth to their first child so perhaps the sleepless nights are catching up!

It is unfortunate that you have already made the decision not to return to Croft Farm, you might enjoy it if you tried again and we would be pleased to see if we can improve the impression you have of our site.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have been to Croft Farm about 5 times. Mostly with a group of about 40 people (With babies and kids in tow). We usually stay on the top field which let's you see the lake, and the beautiful sunset! Croft Farm has a huge lake which is completely safe (apart from the blue algae which is poisonous to dogs) and shallow at the sides. You can rent Peddalos, Paddle Boards, Canoes and Kayaks. Croft Farm has a big park with a slide climbing frame and balancing beam. Ideal for kids who want a bit of fun whilst mum and dad are setting up the van or tent, there is an Arcade next to the park which has air-hockey, shooter games and such. The toilets aren't spectacular but what do you expect on a campsite?! They are clean enough and have Urinals, Shower cubicles, sinks, toilets and hairdryers. The club house has shows on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. The food served up tastes nice. If you are coming for the day, you will be issued a parking pass. For those of you with dogs, a field on the entrance of the Camp Site lets you walk them Off-Lead. If you prefer a more relaxed experience of the Camp Site there is decking outside the Clubhouse that overlooks the lake. Loud music and etc is not allowed after 10:30PM. If you don't fancy a tent or a caravan, there are pods (Never stayed in one myself) which are basically furnished sheds. Croft Farm deserves 10/10! We will definitely stay again!

1  Thank Ben S