Windmill Court Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Ogden
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
The New Hobbit(Sowerby Bridge)
View Hotel
All reviewsogden waterthe cottagesself cateringclaw foot bathdiamond weddinglovely eveningcentral heatinggillianhalifaxyorkshirefridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2008

I have just spent a night at one of the cottages and will definitely be staying there again. I booked it by phone. The landlady, Mrs Holden, is friendly and helpful and we had an English breakfast, complete with a choice of cereal, melon and strawberries. It was reasonably priced, clean, with simple furnishings that are modern but still cosy. I am a light sleeper but the double glazing muffled any traffic noise. Curtains were on the thin side but this was only a slight problem once the sun came up: Night-time was fine. For longer stays, there is a fridge and a washing machine in the nice kitchen. There is a downstairs shower room/WC and an upstairs bathroom with WC, sink, shower and roll-top, claw-foot bath! Soap and towels provided and there were a few tea-bags/coffee sachets in the kitchen, too, so you don't have to bring much if you don't want. We had to get our own milk, though. There is a nice patio. We also used the fold-up cot and high-chair in the restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank JudithSawyer
Reviewed 20 July 2007

This was my second visit to Windmill court,I was curious after reading a review as to the subject of it. Ok the outside is of typical yorkshire blackened stone that is part of the history, But enter & things improve markedly, The dining room is laid out with sparkling white linen tablecloths etc , then the bedrooms are plenty big enough & very clean & fresh, mine had a double & two large singles a good bathroom ,an excellent shower.We did have a problem finding our room on the previous visit late at night but that was us,no problem this year. The breakfast was good & fresh & the aroma from the freshly made fruit salad really woke up my taste buds.The only comment could be the thickness of the toast but at least it showed it was not the usual bought sliced stuff served.The staff are attentive & friendly too. All in all I would have no reservation in recommending a visit & [no, I have no connection with the hotel or staff ,] an honest as I find it opinion. The owners also have newly built self catering cottages also next door. An added attraction is OGDEN WATER just a few minutes away within walking distance, & a good walk round the lake & woods with a small shop & tea garden on the southern end a pleasant spot to visit. There is even a caravan club site near the entrance. The area is roughly 5 miles from either Halifax or Bradford plenty of interest for young & old too.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank icarous
Reviewed 26 October 2006

My family and I booked a room in the hotel and we were pleasantly surprised with how good the hotel was. The atmosphere was friendly, the coal stove was warm and the children loved running around the reservoir nearby.

A charming little place that makes you feel in the Yorkshire dales, but within easy distance of all of West Yorks. I think the comment from another tripadvisor is highly unfair - esp. as they seem not to have actually stayed at the place!

I have booked to go back in the New Year, so maybe see you there!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2006

We stayed at Windmill Court for a weekend in July 2005. We truely enjoyed our stay there! The hotel was lovely and the staff very friendly. If you stay there the food is a must, everything is home made and absolutly gorgeous!

After reading the last review we had to make one of our own as it certainly does not portray this lovely hotel as it is!!

We would definatly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the Yorkshire area!!

• Stayed: July 2005, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra1569
Reviewed 27 February 2006

Just do not go!
Someone had booked this for us to stay local to them, and it looks and sounds good on their website, but not the case.
We actually walked in and then out, and didn't stay. The restaurant!!!! just was not, small wooden tables and tubular metal chairs, and the room just looked dirty and untidy.
The bar was a hatch in the wall surrounded by odd chairs that looked like they were from a second hand shop somewhere.
Just wanted to warn people, just don't go!