“Nice location”

Ranked #1 of 1 Littlebury B&B and Inns
Wexford, Ireland
“Nice location”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Spent a night in this inn recently. It is situated in a lovely village Littlebury which is near Saffron Walden. Bar is nice and dining area is just off the bar area. Bedroom was small and clean. The ensuite had no window . The plumbing was extremely noisy and needs attention. The inn was quiet and we had no problem sleeping even though we were facing the road.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Bury St Edmunds
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped off here for a Sunday roast after visiting Audley End house. Very nice people running the pub. Had roast pork and it was very nice at a reasonable price. We have no complaints, we would visit again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Richard W
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The welcome at the Queens Head is very warm. The food was good but the accommodation was sadly lacking. We were shown to a small room which had a double bed in it and some very mismatched furniture, one side of the bed was inaccessible due to the chest with tea things on being positioned so that the room door could open. The sink was in the room but there was no where to put the towels or wash bags. The toilet and shower in the cupboard and when the shower was used the next morning it filled up and took a long time to go down and therefore our showers were abandoned. The tv was the size of a small pc screen and positioned at the top of the bed, which mean sitting on the bed with not support to watch it. The radiator did not work and the room was very cold, a portable heater was provided. During the night lorries were going past as they are no allowed to go through Saffron Walden to the motorway. It would have been useful if we had known that the Inn has an extension on weekends to 1a.m. singing was going on with music below us until 1.15a.m. I think with proper information about the inn, we would have avoided it. Unfortunately we did not stay our second night and sought other accommodation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gwen T
Eastry
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely warm reception from the new owner. Lovely chatty and friendly. Room was well-decorated, although the tv could have done with being wall-mounted or bigger. It was clean and reasonable size. On the cooler side but I prefer it that way. Food in bar was tasty and a varied menu. Minor point was my curtains could've been darker given street light opposite. But all-in-all not a bad stay and would certainly return.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Bramerton
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed here on business and the room was good - it was nice and warm once we opened the radiator - shower was very good too - but the loo made a terrible noise every time we flushed it!! Quite small rooms but very comfortable beds and good local produce as it is primarily an Inn. Breakfast - excellent - in fact too large!! Rather difficult arrangement with stairs - not a good idea if you are Disabled as there are a lot of stairs - but warm and comfortable. Wifi and tv and parking - good. It seemed to lack a woman's touch . . . and there was nowhere to hang clothes up - but very good for business for one night or so.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lainie-Bramerton
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I felt I needed to write a review because of the unbelievable service I got at the queens head! I arrived late (12 at night) in Saffron Walden and was shut out of another hotel (the cross keys) even though they'd told me I could arrive late. In panic I rang round other hotels to see if I could get a room but with no joy! Anyway I finally managed to get through to a hotel (the queens head) they were in bed but still answered the phone. They stayed up until I arrived at 1 and welcomed me with warmth and hospitality! I had to leave early and the owners were up at 7 to give me a great cooked breakfast! I look forward to staying at the Queens head inn next time I'm in the area, I recommend you do to if you get a chance to meet some real heroes!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Ben J
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Called into the Queens Head at Littlebury for lunch after a visit to Audley end house, they had quite a few specials and when the food came we were pleasantly surprised. My husband had the fish platter which was served up so different and he thoroughly enjoyed it. I had steak which was cooked perfectly.

The owners are a young couple who have just bought the property and are renovating it very well and they were very helpful and would go out of their way to help you which makes such a pleasant change.

If you are in this area call in.

Room Tip: They do have rooms but do not know what they are like