“Perfect little village pub with very friendly owners makes you feel like your at home !”
Review of Queens Head Inn

Queens Head Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Littlebury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We stayed as a stop over at the Audley end concerts which we're amazing !
We we're welcomed in with open hearts we truly felt like we weren't staying at a pub but in someone's home !
As we climbed the stairs we truly saw how beUtiful the pub was with all it's 14/15th century detAils .
Very good size rooms with showers and baths all the toiletries a girls could want !
Breakfast was great !
I'll defiantly be back !!

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I can't give all five stars in all aspects, just to be honest with other Tripadvisor users. But it is five stars in my heart. The place is full of 15th century charm, yet you have enough modern age comfort. This is not a palace, don't expect gold and marble (though we had a marble piece on the sideboard in our room). Rooms are clean and cosy, good quality shampoos and shower gels in the bathroom (this brings us somewhat above the self-classified two stars B&B?).

Attention EU and Rest-of-the-world travelers: you have a mixer tap in the bathroom, not the so common in the UK two separate taps for hot and cold water!

The bed linen quality will pleasantly surprise you. The mattresses (in plural, we had two beds in our room and I checked our friends' room too) are excellent: they are hard enough, evenly flat and you don't feel the springs.

The breakfast (full English) was marvelous. Our son (5) enjoyed playing with the owners' daughter in the garden (they do have a small playground with a treehouse and swings!). All in one we had a great time.

I probably should mention something negative: squeaky floors and rather poor sound insolation: I could hear the neighbor snoring. But come on, this is a 15th (or 14th?) century property!

My advice: if you are traveling via Stansted, take a day before or after going to your destination, spend the night at the Queenshead, go to Audley End (you would regret if you don't), which is just a stone throw away, and feel England just as it is.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 18 August 2014

• Firstly it is worth noting that the building is listed, built in the fifteenth century and exudes character.
• Despite ongoing renovations - saving our heritage-this old coaching Inn is a must for an overnight stay when in the area.
.• Reception excellent.
• Accommodation to a high standard and roomy.
• Good food –well presented-
• Comfortable beds – good nights sleep even with the windows open.
• Claire and Simon went out of their way to assist in any way possible.

Room Tip: Take a room facing the beer garden if a little traffic noise bothers you!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I recently stayed at the Queens Head with my family. Having stayed at many hotels with my children (3yrs & 1 yrs.) sometimes it can just be a chore and that you are just in the way. Well not at the Queens head, maybe because the owners have a child themselves they understood.

We were given a family room which was ample for us all... as we are used to travelling we always have our travel cot with us however once the owners saw we had a baby they kindly put a travel cot up in the room for us .. which saved me having to unpack my car and a lot of faffing :) ... considering its a small village hotel didn't think this would be something they would offer and I hadn't mentioned it when booking.

We were made to feel very welcome, the garden is huge and has a great climbing frame (which my son just loved)..

Would I stay again.. absolutely.. would I recommend it.. already have :) 

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Thoroughly recommend this cosy pub in the lovely village of Littlebury. Have visited a few times with friends and family for Sunday lunch. The food is delicious, the staff are friendly and there is a lovely big beer garden for the kids to run around in.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Forbesfish
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed at the Queens Inn a few months ago as a base for a wedding and found the entire experience excellent. The room was great, well proportioned, very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was very, very good, all freshly cooked and served to order. I have stayed at many 5* hotels as a business traveller and the breakfast at Queens was up there with the best. Location perfect as a base for explore local countryside. The family that runs the Queens Head are very friendly and hospitable and made our stay an overall pleasurable experience. A very strong recommendation. Could not fault.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kq0677
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The owners were very friendly and warm, gave us some tips on where to visit in the area. Menu options were varied and the food was very good (and I'm quite fussy!!) .
The pub is well decorated and clean and we will definitely be going back again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Been to Queens Head Inn? Share your experiences!