I travelled during February half term with a friend on a Secret Escapes deal. The hotel and grounds are absolutely beautiful and the rooms are spacious and beds very comfy. We had dinner on one of the two nights and food was lovely. Tea and coffee making facilities were not provided in the room but were brought up on request. However there was some sloe gin provided in the rooms free of charge which was a nice touch.
In my opinion there are two things that let the hotel down are:
-The SPA location - whilst the pool/sauna/steam room are located in the hotel, the SPA itself - where you go to have any treatments or go to the gym - is located elsewhere in the grounds so you need to walk over there (5-10 mins) which is not great if it's raining! They can take you over in one of their golf buggies but you still get wet!
-Service - whilst this was excellent most of the time a few basic things could be improved e.g. we kept having to ask for milk with our tea, and we sometimes had to order drinks twice because they forgot. But it's not a deal breaker.The afternoon tea was lovely but slightly over-priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 500 acres, Stapleford Park offers a wide variety of country pursuits and leisure activities including shooting, riding and falconry. And after a day in the fresh country air, our house guests and members always look forward to a delicious, freshly prepared evening meal in one of our dining rooms and a night cap in the library. Our luxurious bedrooms, all individually designed, guarantee a good night’s sleep in style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Stapleford Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stapleford Park Hotel Stapleford
- Stapleford Park Melton Mowbray