We just got back from 2 nights. We found the staff to be extremely friendly and professional. Not stuffy at all. The place is in a beautiful setting. We did not dine in the main restaurant, so can't speak to that food, but instead ate at the golf club. Food was tasty. The gym and tennis courts are top notch, and the golf course looked prestine.
We would recommend this place in general, but with one warning for dog owners. They were VERY welcoming to our dog, and the dog was welcome anywhere in the hotel. They were however very strict and the dog was not allowed off lead ANYWHERE in their entire estate (including woods and fields etc), so this is not the place for long country walks with your dog running around. If you are a dog owner, you should be aware of this. If you are not, then we would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 500 acres, Stapleford Park offers a wide variety of country pursuits and leisure activities including shooting, riding and falconry. And after a day in the fresh country air, our house guests and members always look forward to a delicious, freshly prepared evening meal in one of our dining rooms and a night cap in the library. Our luxurious bedrooms, all individually designed, guarantee a good night’s sleep in style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Stapleford Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stapleford Park Hotel Stapleford
- Stapleford Park Melton Mowbray