“Spa paradise”
Review of Stapleford Park

Stapleford Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stapleford
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was my first visit to Stapleford Park and I was treated to a Pamper spa day from my son for my birthday. The location is amazing, so tranquil and just right for what was in store for me. The staff are superb, so genuine and helpful. I had a space half hour between enjoying the lovely pool and amenities and my lunch and decided to visit the church which is within the grounds, Stefan stopped in a golf buggy and asked if I needed any help, he ended up giving me a ride to the church gates, wonderful. My therapist Emma was just lovely the treatments were superb, I will defiantly return and recommend to my friends and family.

Thank-you.
Sonia.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Winnie101
Write a ReviewReviews (1,005)

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We chose Stapleford Park as a location central in the UK for our annual family reunion which we booked through Secret Escapes. Seven of us travelled from different parts of the uk. The venue was perfect in all respects - without exception the hotel staff were all very attentive and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is stunning and the quality of the accommodation was superb and very comfortable,. The food was excellent and beautifully presented. We could not fault our visit and would thoroughly recommend Stapleford as a quality venue with all the staff committed to providing excellent service.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the second floor - a bit of a climb up some stairs but excellent views over the esta...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jonathan W
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Wonderful setting for a wedding, keep going past melton mowbray, full of wildlife, absolutely stunning place, very well maintained, lots of outdoor activities all ready to keep the little ones occupied, very grand main hall and entrance

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SammyL07
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Four of us went to Stapleford Park Hotel and Golf Club for a Sunday night and two rounds of golf. The hotel was excellent and the staff very friendly and helpful; the rooms were good but don't expect anything modern in a very old building. We stayed on the top floor and we had pleasant views across the wonderful grounds. There is a great atmosphere in the public rooms and the restaurant is excellent. We had dinner in the golf club and there were no complaints form our group; there was a fairly limited menu but the food was of good quality. Our only problem was that we had been promised bacon rolls and coffee on arrival and the golf club staff had no prior knowledge; this was sorted out very quickly when I showed them our booking form. One of our fellow guests did complain about the noise from a wedding party although we did not hear it - probably because our rooms were at the top of the hotel. Having said that, there were three weeding in the hotel over the weekend so it can be busy with wedding guests. The golf course is a challenge and long - particularly for ladies. It was still wet after a few days of rain but this did not spoil our enjoyment. There are no toilets on the course so ladies beware - you can walk back to the hotel form the 10th tee but it is a long way. I will be going again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the upper floors and away from the wedding function room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elsworth2727
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We chose this beautiful hotel for our wedding.

Arriving at the hotel upon our initial visit, we were greeted by a member of staff with an umbrella waiting to shield us from the rain as were exiting our vehicle, first impressions were exceptional. Upon entering the hotel my husband and I knew this was the venue for our special day.

During the organisation and formation of our wedding plans, all our visits and meetings with staff over the prior months before the big day were flawless. Support, guidance and understanding was of paramount importance to Stapleford Park which reflected how consistent the service was from beginning to end, their main aim was to ensure our needs were met and fulfilled.

Everything from the entrance, the hotel, decor, fixtures and fittings were to an exceptional standard. Each of the bedrooms were individually decorated which gave them their own character and charm. We discovered that this hidden gem and soon had the realisation that this hotel was a favourite amongst the high class celebrities, you will find pictures of members of staff with the likes of Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey etc. because of exclusivity and seclusion. We discovered this information during the wedding preparations but to be honest it is the staff and hotel that drew us to this location.

Our wedding day was pure perfection, everything ran smoothly the entire day due to the calibre of the staff.

The service was amazing, the beds were lovely and comfortable which provided a rejuvenated and restful sleep on our wedding night, we stayed in their suite which consisted of 3 floors. As I had stayed nights before our wedding I knew the breakfast was sublime but to be fair all the food was of an extremely high standard and consisted of locally sourced ingredients which was the rule of thumb for the all menus supplied by Stapleford Park.

Again, this hotel is an exclusive hotel and if you are looking for a cheap stay, this hotel is not for you. The location is perfect for a secluded get away, you are surround by pure countryside and once you enter the grounds of the property you have to navigate your way through beautiful woodland which leads you to the hotel.

I would recommend this hotel without hesitation as our experience was nothing but flawless!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Samantha R
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here for one night for a wedding. We stayed in the Sanderson Room. First impressions were good. Hotel was very clean and grounds impressive. I checked in and was shown to my room. it was split across 2 floors and extremely gloomy to the point where I was dredding my children seeing it. It did offer free water, sloe Gin and apples which where a nice touch. Room was massive and the bed very comfy with a lovely bathroom but as there were so many dark drapes and curtains and furniture it made everything seem quite old. But this is just my personal opinion and only for this room as I did see some other guests rooms and their rooms were light, spacious and not at all like mine. I wont comment on the wedding aspect as I feel that it should be treated separately to the actual hotel stay. The morning after myself and children went to breakfast and were very disappointed. The breakfast buffet was empty (it was 9.30) and we had to stand around with countless other guests waiting for the items to be refilled which took a long time. The food once we got it was not very pleasant and cold. The tables had no cutlery no salt and were dirty. The waitress who was rushed off her feet was extremely polite and helpful but I feel that she just had too much to do as we were brought tea but no milk, the sugar had run out and we were given no butter for our toast. It was almost like the hotel couldn't cope with the number of guests it has to stay which really is a shame as its in the middle of no where so this really is your only option for food. We then went to check out to be told that we had to pay an extra £70 on top of our room rate as we had two fold out beds for children in our room. I asked why was we not informed of this at check in as this was the first time we had heard of it. The receptionist stated that it was in the wedding contracts that they only supplied 10 free beds but my point was that I am and should be treated as a hotel guest and should I not be informed of this upon check in because quite frankly they would have slept on the couch or in the massive bed as they are only 4 and 5. All the while I am having to stand in reception in front of other guests arguing when in my opinion the professional thing to do would be to either take me to one side or sort it out in the office. The groom who knew nothing of the extra charge was there and the receptionist had to go and get his contact to see if it was in it. She then said it wasn't so said we would not have to pay for it at the moment. I felt that she was not very helpful or respectful but then on the flip side the other receptionist a younger girl could not have been more helpful, polite and friendly. It really is hit and miss here and if we had have had a different room, a better breakfast and only dealt with the lovely staff our stay would have been a completely different one so it really is a gamble at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with lots of light.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennine B
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Our 'suite' room was on the 1st floor overlooking the front of the hotel with the splendid view. It was beautiful! We had the deepest bath I've ever seen! It was clean and comfortable with lots of 'freebies' including fresh fruit, bottled water and alcohol. The bed was amazing and we slept so well!

Food was lovely at both breakfast and main meals. All staff were friendly and courteous. We had an amazing time!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Be11aboo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stapleford
Hambleton Hall
Hambleton Hall
#1 of 1 in Hambleton
Sysonby Knoll Hotel (Best Western)
Scalford Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rothley
Barnsdale Hall Hotel
Barnsdale Hall Hotel
#2 of 2 in Barnsdale

Been to Stapleford Park? Share your experiences!