“Bill O'Leary's surprise wkend party”
Review of Stapleford Park

Stapleford Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stapleford
Reviewed 12 July 2010

A delightful friendly welcome to a beautiful tradition country location of importance.
Excellant facilities and discreet friendly staff. excellent food wines service and decor in a private dining room. Well catered picnic organised in the grounds with the best tuition in Clay pigeon shooting and archery with a memorable and humourous visit with Bernerd. A totally memorable wkend.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,009)

Reviewed 12 July 2010

Well what can I say 'Celebrate Summer in Style' the ad said and to my delight that's just what we did. The evening just didn't have any low points, a fine summer's night, Champagne on the terrace to start, superb service levels, a three course dinner of the highest standard and entertainment during dinner from a fabulous singer who wandered amongst the tables. You've guessed it we all joined in and the more we sang the more he did - fabulous! After dinner there was a casino (no real money needed - shame that, I seemed to be on a winning streak!!) and of course dancing to a live band well into the early hours. Although I do not know the bands name I can honestly say they were spot on, music form every genre yet not once did the dance floor empty - a perfect blend. All this and in the such idyllic surroundings of the Stapleford Park Country House Hotel. This event is definitely on my party list for next year. Thank you Stapleford.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2010

I was staying at the hotel as part of my engagement in co-hosting the Handa Senior Masters Golf Event. The golf course itself has a unique "horseshoe" design around the house and has the feel of an inland links course...it was certainly appreciated by the professional golfers taking part. However, the hotel is even more impressive. Historic, full of character and with the traditional comforts of an English country house but also delightfully informal. Both the restaurant and room service were excellent and all the staff were extremely professional and attentive. I would have no hesitation in recommending Stapleford Park for a weekend break, with or without your golf clubs. If you're really splashing out, ask to stay in the Sanderson Suite. You won't be disappointed

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2010

From the moment you enter this beautiful 17th century house you feel at home, there is no large impersonal reception desk to greet you, instead you are greeted and taken to your room, in my case a delightful suite overlooking the gardens.
Unfortunately I was not there to wonder the grounds but to compete in the Handa Senior Open and so had little time to take full advantage of all that Stapleford Park has to offer, I really can’t think of a better reason to return.

I hope to very soon.

Jeff Hall

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2010

I have just had the most wonderful time at Stapleford Park. They organised a great family weekend for my Mother's birthday. There were 25 of us (21 adults and 4 children). It went so smoothly and was absolutely brilliant fun whilst also being very relaxing. We all loved being there and I have to say the staff were so nice, service was so professional and friendly across the board. Our weekend revolved around a special dinner on the Saturday night but we took part in quite a few activities during our stay.

I personally had such a nice break, the horseriding was bliss (the rolling countryside around there is hard to beat), babysitting made my evening heaven, and Campion Bell was just the most special room to stay in - all the walls are handpainted (with Trompe d'oeil). My children loved spotting all the animals and birds painted around the room.

The spa treatments were excellent - we tried quite a few between us, facials, massages, pedicures and manicures.
Various members of our party also played golf and did clay pigeon shooting, and there are other activities that they can organise for you so there really is something for everyone to do.

The food at all the meals was beautifully presented and delicious.

It's a fantastic setting and I would recommend going to Stapleford to anyone. Not only is it an interesting building to stay in (the bedrooms are very individual), but the grounds are lovely. For children the freedom of the big gardens was fantastic and for a parent the fact they weren't disturbing other guests was a relief as they could actually have fun and we could relax a little and enjoy watching them. There is much more I could say but basically
I have no complaints! Just go and see for yourself.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2010

The food at all the meals was beautifully presented and delicious.

I have no complaints! Just go and see for yourself.

Reviewed 30 April 2010

A beautiful elegant English boutique hotel set in the stunning countryside. We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend at Stapleford Park. The hotel rich in history has the feel of a classic English estate while the rooms are modern with wifi and satellite tv and the staff extremely friendly and welcoming. The dinner and breakfast we had was full of choice, rich in flavour and accompanied with friendly restaurant staff.

Woud definetely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stapleford
Hambleton Hall
Hambleton Hall
#1 of 1 in Hambleton
Sysonby Knoll Hotel (Best Western)
Barnsdale Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Stoke Rochford
Belton Woods Hotel
Belton Woods Hotel
#1 of 1 in Belton

Been to Stapleford Park? Share your experiences!