“Totally awesome experience :)”
Review of Zorbas

Zorbas
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Olton
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Walsall, England, United Kingdom
“Totally awesome experience :)”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Went to Zorba's for a hen night, 33 of us, though we'd booked for 35, there was no problem with the late notice of non arrivals, the food came in typical Greek style, chilled and laid back, giving you plenty of time between courses, if you've been to Greece you will know this. The food was beautiful, it tasted as it should, it was plentiful too. The staff were very attentive and the atmosphere brilliant. The man on his Greek guitar playin music as you eat adds to the atmosphere, then following food its time for Greek dancing and a few games, followed by a disco. The evening is just so much fun. Samantha the owner has so much energy she is amazing and really goes above and beyond to make your night special. The bar staff and waitering staff are the same. We had an absolutely amazing night, I would recommend it to a large group but also to couples who like to people watch or have fun as I have also spent a night here with my husband and enjoyed it just as much.
If you want a quiet night at a run of the mill pub with a bog standard meal then this isn't the place for you, if you want a night with fun, entertainment, fantastic food and friendly people around you then you best go to Zorba's, you won't regret it. Thanks Sammie & everyone for a fab night :)

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Worst eating experience of my life”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Me, my wife and our two young children (1 and 3) arrived at Zorbas for a 50th birthday meal. We were told before arrival (when organizing the meal) that our children would have bread and chips provided free of charge on arrival, it took an hour and a half for just the bread to arrive, the chips never did.

We had booked a table for 30 people plus 2 children in high seats. We got a table for 28 total meaning we had four people at either end of the table. The table itself was so densely packed with chairs most people couldn't even pull their chair out as it would catch on the chairs next to it.

The 'entertainment' consisted of a man who couldn't speak any English playing songs to a god damn awful midi track which he kept varying the speed of in an increasingly annoying manner. When he sung happy birthday, his accent was thick that we actually had no idea when he sang for our party as he had to sing it four times.

The entertainment also deserves a second paragraph for the volume, it was unbearable. It was so loud I couldn't hear myself think, let alone hear other people speak, not ideal for a family meal.

To top it off it took an hour and a half for starters to arrive and another hour and a half for mains, However they never brought the chips they promised the children and they forgot my wife's meal.

The most child unfriendly establishment I've ever been too. I will never be going here again, and I would advise against it for any others, especially if you have children or value your ear drums.

In terms of food, the starter I had was hummus, it was nice but no different to the stuff you get in a tub from sainsburys. The main I had was skewered chicken, it had a nice flavour but tasted very underdone. Not impressed.

The drinks were very expensive. A large red wine plus a JD and coke cost me £8.45. A lot more than most reasonable UK pubs.

Solihull, United Kingdom
“Disaster but not all bad”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

The chef decapitated his thumb leading to minor chaos waitress was very nice and dealt with the stress well.

Starter was meatballs and average main was stifado and was excellent and the choc fudge cake was great too as was the cheesecake.

Place was fairly quiet for a Saturday but music was playing and dancing after.

All in all without the delays it would have been better but the waitress and a discount made things much better.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Really good - We must go again soon !”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We have not been to Zorba's for a few years. Wow! what have we been missing. Excellent friendly service ( this is how to look after your customers ). The food was beautifully cooked and presented and an amazing amount, it just kept on coming. The whole evening is going to be well worth repeating, soon. On top of all that there was live Greek music as well ( a very hard working Bazooki player, who entertained really well, though the music was desperately loud too early in the evening. That is the only reason the score is only 4. Overall an absolutely great place to go.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service =0”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Been there for my boyfriend birthday just 2 of us. First when we arive they coudnt set a table for 2 so we had to wait around 10-15min. Then they brought us a menu list and belive or mot 45min no one come to take the order for a drink when I ask them they told me I have to go and get it my self. After I get the drinks we been waithing onother 40min some body to take an order for a food and finaly they brought it to as after 30 min. So we arived there 8.30 and our table was full around 10.30. This was the longest wait in the restaurant I ever been. The food was so smal portion and the salad looked like somebody befor us had it and didn't finished and they serve it to us the meal we had it was the more expensive one we choose but it wasn't worthy a toll. The program was poor as well no bellydancing as use to be years ago. The reason I give 3* is because the staf was too slow you fill like the waiter was doing everything serve cook bar and dancing. If I have to go to a greek restaurant again prefer to be Atinse

1 Thank boyanka80